Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A program to burn multiple cds.

Beans

A program to burn multiple cds.

I would like a program where I can pick a lot of music and then click burn and it will just burn a full cd then ask for another cd and so on. Is there a program like this I can get?

Beans

Re: A program to burn multiple cds.

K3B. Yes, that is its name, K3B.

Cheers,

Herman

baruch60610 Guest

I agree - k3b is the way to go. When you run it, you get an option that lets you choose how many copies of the burn you want to make. You can burn as many as you've got CD's to burn them on.

k3b is one of the slickest burning programs around, free or proprietary.

Beans

Well, I use k3b for all my burning neeeds but when I try it I get an error "data did not fit on disk". Is there some setting I need to enable or what? I did this in simulation if it matters.

Just to be clear on what I want to do, I want to select like 500 songs then press burn and have it burn like 20 songs then ask for another cd, burn another 20 songs (different from the last cd), ask for another cd, burn 20 more songs, until I burn all 500 songs.

Thanks for the replies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Jkay,

I honestly don't think one exists for what your trying to accomplish, but keep looking anyway. It's certainly a neat idea.

A quick google only came up with these responses, but alas they are not for linux (as far as i saw).

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Soft..._22039416.html

http://forums.macosxhints.com/archiv...p/t-20941.html

however, you may want to look into Linux or Open Source backup tools..... There might be a backup tool that has that feature.

Beans

Ok, I will keep looking. If anyone finds something let me know.

Beans

On *******, there is something called 'Burn to the brim'.

Cheers,

Herman

Beans

To Herman: I forgot to mention that I want the cds to be playable in cd players. BTTB is making iso files with like 100 songs in them. Do you know how to make audio cds the same way as BTTB does for mp3 cds?

Beans

itunes does that... wish I could find a decent alternative, I'm not an itunes fan but seem to be stuck with it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You are referring to disk spanning. I haven't come across anything in Ubuntu that will do that. I don't think wodim even supports disk spanning.

~Bill
    Ubuntu 10.04-Server: HP Pavilion: AMD Athlon 3200; 2gb RAM; GeForce4 MX - nForce; 160gb HDD; 1TB eSATA External HDD | Ubuntu 10.04: Dell D600; Intel Pentium M 1600 MHz; 2gb RAM; ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250); 60gb HD | Ubuntu User #24614

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast