Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer chairs

Beans

Computer chairs

Hello Everyone!

I assume that a lot of us spend a considerable amount of time in front of our computers so what we sit in should be a pretty comfortable thing. I am in the market for a new chair and it only seemed right to ask others what they prefer.

I am thinking of getting a mesh chair similar to the one seen here and I was curious what everyone else prefers. I live in Chicago so the weather in the winter isn't too big of a deal but in the summer the leather chair I have now can get pretty hot.

Anyway, what do you think?

UbuntuBeginnersTeam
    UbuntuSecurity
    Blawg
    Questions pertaining to "stealthed" ports kind of make me LOL IRL

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Computer chairs

looks like a very nice chair. is mesh comfortable though? i like my padded fake leather one, although it was a cheapo one and broke recently. my advice is spend a few extra dollars and get something that you know is going to be built well.

failing that, build your own
    http://www.arrickrobotics.com/chair/

or check these out
    http://www.mikesquarter.com/the-ulti...ter-chairs-32/
    ======================================
    Explosion at pie factory in Huddersfield.
    3.14159265 confirmed dead !!
    ======================================

Beans

I hurt.

So a comfortable chair is very important.

To find a chair that is comfortable to use for 12 hours or more a day is not an easy task, at least for me; I have had at least half a dozen of the wrong chairs, I wish I had found the right one at the start, I would have saved a lot of money, time & discomfort.

My solution was not cheap, though I expect it will be an heirloom, due to the quality of its construction. I use a Recaro office chair. It is a very high quality automobile seat with adjustable squab, back, head rest & lumbar support. It also incorporates the usual height & tilt routine.

Some years ago it cost me over $1000- Oz. Everyday I consider it to be one of my better investments, my only regret is that I hadn't purchased it 25 years ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This was a topic of "Ask Slashdot" a while back. The conclusion was the Herman Miller Aeron.

Beans
    Hidden!

chair.jpg$35 at the local thrift store, if you got any thrift stores in your area, its worth while to check them out.....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have a fake leather office chair which I consider quite comfortable with arm rests. The only complaint, is that my elbows are so bony, that the leather on the arms have cracked and began ripping. I taped them up (which everyone thinks looks strange) but it just keeps getting worse!

I don't believe I could use a chair that didn't have arms. But other than that, I'm not too particular
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans

Thanks for the input all and hello DrSmall!

I have a fake leather chair now and like I said the seat is starting to tear and it gets hot in the summer.

I like the Herman Miller chairs but I just can't justify spending $600-800 on a chair atm
    UbuntuBeginnersTeam
    UbuntuSecurity
    Blawg
    Questions pertaining to "stealthed" ports kind of make me LOL IRL

Beans

I got a cheap task chair for free with my printer. It's turned out to be the best product I've ever bought (even if it was free). Great posture, comfort, and durability.

Beans

I have the Mirra Chair , its the best I have ever used
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I have a chair similar to this, except it was much cheaper.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most " -- Ozzy Osbourne

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast