Page 53 of 142 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Hi guys, sorry for butting in, and I'm not an Ubuntu user since something like 6.04, but I wanna say that you should be rest assured no patching requires for anything past kernel 2.6.30 and wacom 8.3+ ... I know because I run that kernel compiled from source with those wacom modules on the pavilion tx2500 on slackware... Just relax and wait for your Karmic to come out, and until then, just download linuxwacom, $ ./configure, $ make and $ make install... The experienced Ubuntu users here: feel free to correct, but the new evdev in 2.6.30 takes care of tablets USB or SERIAL.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@erik.kugel
    Yes... Really the only reason we have to compile now is because the newest version of linuxwacom didn't make it into the packaging of Jaunty in time, so we are stuck fixing the module everytime. We don't actually have to patch anymore...
    As for evdev... It may be able to handle wacom tablets, but we wouldn't want to do that since evdev doesn't support all the extended properties (i.e. pressure, tilt, etc...)
    Once Karmic comes out, a large part of the work will be gone... thanks for the input
    Kory

Beans

hey i was just wondering if anyone has multi touch on their tx 2000 series computers? not the tx 2z only 2000 series...if so please let me know
    From freedom came elegance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It depends on what you mean....
    Multitouch on the mousepad - No. I asked HP about that and they didn't use a synaptic multitouch pad in the laptop.

Multitouch on the screen... Okay... Technically no. But it has the same capabilities as the android screen (Which is not true multitouch.)
    Hackers figured out a way to get some multitouch ability with math... But as far as I know this hasn't been developed for our screen (or for linux at all...)
    There might be a way to use the pen and touch at once for multitouch (also not developed as far as I know), but that would be quite awkward.
    Kory

Beans

Hi gali98,
    I own a Motion Computing LE1600 and I followed the tutorial on p11 and got to

Section 2: Creating the Fdi File

and then got stuck. I copied the default file in and rebooted. I also copied your file and rebooted. Both times after restarting, I ran wacomcpl and both times a Wacom Control Panel appeared, with no devices to select and my pen does not have the right click functionality. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Last edited by Davaris; August 28th, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Are you absolutely sure that you have a USB tablet and not a serial?
    I can't find much in my searching the internet about your computer.
    Kory

Beans

I'm not sure what the difference is, other than my tablet PC only has USB ports for the keyboard, mouse and flash drives. Is there something else I should be looking for? There are definitely no RS232 serial ports on it.

Should I try one of the other methods? If so do I need to delete what I have created up to step 2? Or should I just reinstall Ubuntu?

EDIT:
    I reinstalled and am following rec's script

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...15#post7068115

and it is working so far. Hopefully I am doing the right thing.
    Last edited by Davaris; August 29th, 2009 at 09:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Davaris,

You're doing the right thing. Your Motion LE1600 does have a serial Wacom tablet.

To set up wacomcpl see "Section 3: Calbrating your tablet pc" on the HOW TO on the first page of this post.

Here are some links:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=motion (they got sound working on the last page)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=motion

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=motion

Hope this helps.

Beans

Thanks for those links Favux.

Beans

Hi everybody!

A have a wacom Bamboo tablet. I set up everything due to the manuals but eraser wont work. It draw thicker line in gimp and inkscape not functions as eraser.

Please help !

Thanx

Page 53 of 142 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast