Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1415

Thread: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

I don't know if you can configure dual monitors through Xrandr while using a proprietary ATI video driver. I don't use a dual monitor setup. Because they were able to change the MapToOutput code to handle the Nvidia proprietary driver it must be possible. Since I think they could work with the ATI driver without the code changes that may mean the ATI proprietary driver is compliant enough with Xrandr to use it. For all I know that's what Catalyst is using.

That's too bad on the ASUS R1E, being stuck with Hardy. That and a Gateway were the two other tablet PCs I was seriously considering. Lucked out choosing the HP instead. Besides the deal was too good to pass up.

Beans

When I try to do
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    I get
    Code:
    We could not find the kernel development environment to build the driver.
    Please install the kernel source or the kernel development package and try again.
    Is there a way to change this?

Beans
    Distro

Hi zZhou,

What release of Ubuntu are you using? What are you trying to compile?

It looks like maybe you did not run the dependecy/libraries line. Especially build-essential. It begins this way:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi zZhou,
    What release of Ubuntu are you using? What are you trying to compile?
    It looks like maybe you did not run the dependecy/libraries line. Especially build-essential. It begins this way:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and I'm trying to compile the wacom driver. I also saw this page. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1515562

I ran this line again, but everything was already installed to the latest version.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential libx11-dev libxi-dev x11proto-input-dev xserver-xorg-dev libxrandr-dev tk8.4-dev tcl8.4-dev libncurses5-dev

Beans
    Distro

Which driver are you trying to build? The input-wacom wacom.ko or the xf86-input-wacom? Which version are you using when you see that error when you run the ./configure line? And which folder are you in when that happens?

Beans

I'm trying to build wacom.ko. I'm in this folder. input-wacom-0.13.0 Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

OK. A couple of things. I'd suggest using input-wacom-0.14.0 which came out a couple of days ago. Just change 0.13.0 when you see it to 0.14.0.

Next you are correct to use ./configure --prefix=/usr instead of ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr. Looks like they removed support for ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr. I'd change that in the HOW TO if I could.

With that change I'm able to compile both input-wacom-0.13.0 and 0.14.0 without duplicating your issue in Precise 12.04 Unity.

Perhaps it is the kernel header it is complaining about. What output do you get when you run the command?
    Code:
    uname -r
    Please post that.

Beans
    Distro

HOW TO UPDATE

Linuxwacom's input-wacom- the USB kernel module/driver
    Currently input-wacom-0.15.0 (released 11-15-12). Adds Cintiq 22HD (2.6.30+, 2.6.36+, 2.6.38+, 3.7+; Touch Finger: 2.6.38+, 3.7+). Adds 3 new tablet PC's: 0x4001 (2.6.30+), 0x100 (2.6.38+, 3.7+), 0x101 (2.6.38+, 3.7+). Introduces a new tree for Linux 3.7+ and brings it and the 2.6.38 tree in sync with the driver present in Dmitry's current 'next' branch.
    Xorg's xf86-input-wacom - the X driver
    Currently xf86-input-wacom 0.18.0 (released 10-29-12). Adds three new multi-touch (MT) ISDv4 (tablet PC) devices (E5, 100, 101). Support for the Cintiq 24HD touch, no input device grab by default (allowing tools like evtest to work within X), and support for XI2.2 multitouch (providing applications with position data for every hardware-tracked finger). It should be noted that the internal gesture recognizer consumes all the multitouch events at the moment. If you'd like the events to be passed along to applications (e.g. if your desktop environment supports multitouch gestures or you have software like "touchegg" installed), disable gesture recognizer by running `xsetwacom set TOUCH_DEVICE gesture off`. There is a known regression affecting the puck (Wacom tablet mouse i.e. Graphire and Bamboo) from 0.17.0 which was discovered very late in the RC and which could not be resolved in time for this release, see: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=56536

Warning:
    Ubuntu has customized their input ABI (X Server 1.11 and 1.12 hybrid) and it is no longer compatible with some upstream packages including xf86-input-wacom. Consequently if you compile xf86-input-wacom in Precise it will cause your system to not start if you have your BambooPT plugged in, or to crash/freeze if you plug it in after it has started. You need to patch xf86-input-wacom to make it compatible.

Instructions for xf86-input-wacom in Precise:
    Follow the HOW TO as normal until you get to the ./configure --prefix=/usr or ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr command. Stop there and don't enter it. If using xf86-input-wacom-0.17.0 or earlier download the build_against_frankenserver.patch attached to post #1034 onto your Desktop. If using xf86-input-wacom-0.17.0 or earlier download the attached build_against_frankenserver_for0.18.patch below. Rename it from build_against_frankenserver.patch.txt to build_against_frankenserver.patch or build_against_frankenserver_for0.18.patch. Apply the patch with a -p1 strip:
    Code:
    patch -p1 < ~/Desktop/build_against_frankenserver.patch

(or for xf86-input-wacom-0.18.0 and later)
    patch -p1 < ~/Desktop/build_against_frankenserver_for0.18.patch
    You should see this output:
    patching file src/wcmValidateDevice.c
    patching file test/fake-symbols.c
    patching file test/fake-symbols.h
    After you see it you can proceed with ./configure --prefix=/usr or ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr and the rest of the commands.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Wacom touchsreen tap-click

Hi all.
    I was looking for an answer quite a long time and have googled and read much stuff on forums about wacom on linux so now I think I better understand how this thing wrong. But I have one problem that I couldn't fix and even didn't find an answer is this actually a problem, or it is supposed to work like that.

So here we are. I'm using Lenovo Thinkpad x230t with both pen and multitouch sensor. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with manually installed xf86-input-wacom-0.18.0. When I'm using my touchscreen with just a finger, not pen, I always get a click no matter am I tapping once or moving my finger across the screen. It's actually clicking even if I use double touch to scroll the page, for example. So what I'm asking is it able to set tochscreen click only for short touch and for long touch and move just move pointer across the screen without left "virtual" mouse button clicked? As "man wacom" says, the option "TapTime" is what I'm looking for:
    If Option "Gesture" is enabled, this option determines the maximum time of a touch event to be recognized as tap. A press and release event shorter than TapTime generates button press and release events. Presses longer than TapTime do not generate button events, only motion events.
    But as I understand now this option only works for double tap "right click" recognition, as changing it affects only double tap, but not single.

Maybe it is normal behavior, but it's very inconvenient when you trying, for example, to scroll a list that contains number of switches, that turns on, while you making a gesture to scroll it.

Sorry if I've asked this question in the wrong thread, maybe I have to post it to separate one, or to X230t discussion, but I've thought that here I will get a faster reply
    Last edited by montemonte; January 12th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi montemonte,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

That shouldn't be happening. Makes me wonder if there was a problem with the compile or install of xf86-input-wacom.

What release of Ubuntu do you have? What is the output of this command entered into a terminal?
    Code:
    xinput list
    Do any of the gestures, like scroll, work?

Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142 LastLast