Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

That seemed to work (as in it removed the wacom-tools and the stuff that make install installed), but I'm a little hesitant to trust my daily use school machine to haphazardly installed drivers. I think I am just going to reinstall Jaunty and start fresh. Thanks for the info; I'm sure it'll come in handy at other times.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Really you don't have to do that... The wacom drivers involve very little files. I wouldn't worry about reinstalling. But whatever you want to do
    Kory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Wow.. Okay I just found out Jaunty came out today. For some reason I was thinking it came out at the end of the month lol.
    Downloading it now, and I will let you know (hopefully tonight) if there is anything different in the wacom setup.
    Kory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hello all, and thanks for your work on this. I have a toughbook that uses teh linuxwacom drivers. I cant seem to calibrate it either because wacomcpl does not show a device.I installed linuxwacom 8.33 from source and am using ubuntu 9.04. I have a digitizer and touchscreen panasonic cf-19. I think I also may have not gotten rid of the libhal1-dev not sure what to do with this or the udi stuff. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if there is any outputs are needed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi emacspy,

As I understand it the toughbook CF-19 has a serial Wacom digitizer with touchscreen. Did you have a previous version of Ubuntu installed? Was it working and do you have that xorg.conf? Were you trying to install 0.8.3-2 and use your old xorg.conf? You shouldn't have to worry much about libhal1-dev because it isn't installed by default.

Beans
    Distro

Yes , I have the digitizer and touchscreen model. I installed 8.3.2 from source because it was the only one that would compile. This is a fresh install of 9.04. I am coming from a gentoo install and had the same exact problems. The calibration seems to be slightly better with ubuntu but is still a bit off center and off a couple of inch border around. Thanks again for the effort.

Beans
    Distro

Sorry , I must also add that when I edited my xorg.conf as per http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-956536.html but upon startx there is rainbow lines and artifacts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi emacspy,

So you have use of your stylus and touch. But since you are not using a xorg.conf then you must be using the HAL/.fdi file, I guess. The 0.8.3-2 10-wacom.fdi has a subsection that refers to touch under the serial tablet pc entry. Like gali98 demonstrates in his HOW TO you should be able to add coordinates through the .fdi file.

If you follow the thread you gave me you see Rendrago and I made several changes to his initial xorg.conf. So if you want to try to use the xorg.conf method please post the xorg.conf you tried to use.

Beans

just confirming that steps in post #104 work with hp tx2510us (jaunty)!!!

thnx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I can also confirm my tutorial works perfect for my tablet.
    Kory

Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast