Page 117 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1415

Thread: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Please don't keep changing the .fdi, that introduces too many variables (complicates the picture). Just use the Bamboo-Pen test1 .fdi. That will work for your Bamboo Pen and is the simplest wacom.fdi for it. There should only be one wacom.fdi called 10-linuxwacom.fdi located at /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/. And it's contents should only be the contents of the test1 Pen .fdi and nothing else. I think you may have another wacom.fdi somewhere that is messing up the configuration.

Right now with the new-generic you have a spurious "if0" channel that the driver is trying to set up touch on.

With the Pen .fdi you should see in 'xinput --list':
    Code:
    stylus
    and in 'xsetwacom list':
    Code:
    stylus   stylus
    and then the stylus and wacomcpl will work.

Beans

With the .fdi you pointed out (and by a reasearch on my / I don't have any other .fdi with the except of the test one in my ~/downloads directory) this is what I ultimately have:

'xinput --list'
    Code:
    "Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Finger"	id=11	[XExtensionPointer]
    	Type is TOUCHPAD
    	Num_buttons is 12
    	Num_axes is 2
    	Mode is Relative
    	Motion_buffer is 256
    	Axis 0 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 480
    		Resolution is 1
    	Axis 1 :
    		Min_value is 0
    		Max_value is 320
    		Resolution is 1
    'xsetwacom list'
    Code:
    Wacom_Bamboo_4x5_Finger     stylus
    and a totally blank list when 'wacomcpl' is run. Needless to say, the tablet doesn't work at all. I will try another reboot, just to be sure though.

Beans
    Distro

The install for a Bamboo Pen is relatively simple and straight forward. No way should we be having all this drama. What features does the Wacom BAMBOO Pen (CTL-460/K) have? A stylus without eraser, correct. Maybe the K changes something.

Right now it looks like: either your compiling of linuxwacom went seriously wrong without you recognizing the errors, or your system is seriously messed up. Some bizarre problem with udev rules, HAL, or the kernel. Or I'm missing the obvious.

Beans

There are no buttons on the tablet, and two on the stylus. No eraser, the simplest tablet you could probably think about

The compilation of Linuxwacom went smooth, I can recognize compilations error and there was none. I followed the tutorial on the first post of this thread line by line.

There is nothing special, that I'm aware of, with my system. It's an up-to-date 9.10 and that's all.

This actual results seem to be the closest one to the "wished" one, but it doesn't give any life signs. The one with the .fdi from the Gentoo wiki brings the tablet alive, and I can draw a bit, but as said is very erratic in its behaviour, which makes me think it's working just "by chance" more than by design.

I too am at a loss... I suppose I will have to do without at this point, as I don't know what to try next.

Beans
    Distro

I'm baffled. All I can think of is that for some reason Wacom switched channels for your model of the Pen. This is a crazy idea but try this .fdi.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    I'm baffled. All I can think of is that for some reason Wacom switched channels for your model of the Pen. This is a crazy idea but try this .fdi.
    The tablet works, I can move the pointer, but it's absolutely random, it doesn't follow my movements at all. Still I get:

'xinput --list'
    Code:
    "Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Pen"	id=11	[XExtensionPointer]
    "stylus"	id=12	[XExtensionPointer]
    'xsetwacom list'
    Code:
    stylus stylus
    And as usual, a blank wacomcpl.

Beans
    Distro

Wow! Progress.

The stylus in xinput is correct. And xsetwacom list is correct too. It looks like maybe "Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Pen" on "if0" is messing things up. Hmmm. Give me a few minutes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Wow! Progress.

The stylus in xinput is correct. And xsetwacom list is correct too. It looks like maybe "Wacom Bamboo 4x5 Pen" on "if0" is messing things up. Hmmm. Give me a few minutes.
    You're the MAN, dude. No matter if we'll solve this one or not, you have been outstandingly patient with me!! GREAT!

Beans
    Distro

OK, this is quick and dirty. The blocking of "if0" should probably be done on pre-probe. I'm hoping the "empty" driver line will be taken as null/ignore without breaking X. So be prepared to restore your "working" 10-linuxwacom.fdi from the command line.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

The n-th reboot, with '_test3' .fdi left me with:

'xinput --list --short'
    Code:
    "stylus"	id=11	[XExtensionPointer]
    and 'xsetwacom list'
    Code:
    stylus           stylus
    but again nothing from 'wacomcpl' and no working tablet at all this time.

Page 117 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast