Attempting to setup a dual bot of Ubuntu and XP Xp is already installed slapped a second drive in the machine and set to start installing ubuntu form the CD everything goes fine until after the splash screen goes away and the actual install starts then the video goes haywire. Looks like the dfault refresh rate for the install is to high(I'm guessing it's reading what the video card is capable of not the monitor) it's completly un readable an prbably bad for the monitor

The Machine is an E-machine T6420 all original with the exception of the hard drives(upgraded them from IDE to Sata), Upgraded the RAM, mand added a HIS Radeon x1650 PCIe Video card. The unit does have a foctory MSI mainboard running PC3200 Ram and a AMD Athlon 64 Processor with it being single core and older ram I have opted for the 32 bit version of Ubuntu.

The monitor is an old Tangent 19" CRT capable of 1280x1024 resolution @ 60Hz refresh rate.

So my question is what switch to add to the installer command to rectify the video issue so that I can proceed with the install.