Thread: Planning Ahead

Beans

Lightbulb Planning Ahead

Linux World Expois in San Fransisco, CA in August. I think a few of us should probably get together, save some money buy going in a group instead of, if anyone is interested, separately. I only post this early so All who are interested could start planning. Reply and we will start planning.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Planning Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by chriswashere View Post
    Linux World Expois in San Fransisco, CA in August. I think a few of us should probably get together, save some money buy going in a group instead of, if anyone is interested, separately. I only post this early so All who are interested could start planning. Reply and we will start planning.
    LinuxWorld is now Open Source World. I'm not sure if the change will have a positive effect on the expo. I last went to LinuxWorld in 2004 in NYC. It only filled a portion of the Javits Center - I heard earlier LinuxWorlds had taken over the entire convention center. I've heard similar stories about the San Francisco LinuxWorlds.

Ohio LinuxFest, on the other hand, has been steadily growing and is well attended by people from throughout the midwest. We're working with several LUGs throughout Indiana to help start an Indiana LinuxFest as well.

Maybe Open Source World will again become a vibrant conference and expo but you might see a greater use of resources at Ohio Linux Fest or something like OSCON.
    Last edited by schultmc; January 14th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.

Beans

Re: Planning Ahead

I second the Ohio LinuxFest.

If any conference could be considered "the" conference that we, as a LoCo, attend, OLF would be the one.