HELLo!

It's a 9600 GT, and here's the results from "nvidia-settings -q":
    https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/228121/nvidia.log

Now, bed.

Happy codin'!

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Nvidia Driver + VDPAU + Smplayer +Mplayer

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianVeidt View Post
    Sir, here's the problem. You seem to have read the instructions carefully, but I guess you missed this part:

However, you have not broken your system, so I guess that's a saving grace. You need to research Synaptic, Apt, and Linux in general. The original purpose of the instructions was to save intermediate-to-advanced users like myself from having to pour through dozens of posts on the Nvidia Linux forums to accumulate this knowledge. It was not to provide error-proof instructions to new users. The Ubuntu wiki has lots of information on the subjects I mentioned, and there are Youtube videos with explanations and so forth. You can also try the #ubuntu IRC channel on freenode.
    svn should be subversion. I changed that in the first post. It's clear that you already had it installed though, so it won't matter much.
    i apologize for bringing my newbie knowledge of linux here. by trying advance things makes me learn faster. in fact i did not miss that part. i have been throroughly reading numerous of forums and understanding the linux system. i have always been a windows user and i can say im a pretty advance windows user. i sure was completely clueless when i first start, but i believe i have enough confidence to attack this task. i will read on and learn more before posting any newbie-ish questions. thanks though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkeepa View Post
    HELLo!

It's a 9600 GT, and here's the results from "nvidia-settings -q":
    https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/228121/nvidia.log

Now, bed.

Happy codin'!
    Your card is supported. Make sure you're using the latest mplayer patches. This is the latest:
    ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vd...482714.tar.bz2
    Compile this one and try it. If it doesn't work, post detailed information in the nvidia linux forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The version of mplayer provided in the PPA in the original post doesn't decode wmv videos properly; the sound fails.

Here is an example that failed: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...iquid_1080.exe

You will need wine to extract it.

Any ideas? To decode wmv HD video will I need to compile my own mplayer?

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Unless your gpu supports vc-1 vdpau cannot decode wmv,
    In order to use wmv with mplayer-vdpau if your gpu DOES NOT SUPPORT vc-1 make sure to use ffwmv3 or wmv9dmo (w32codecs) as part of the -vc argument in smplayer or config in the .mplayer folder in your home directory.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by cor2y View Post
    Unless your gpu supports vc-1 vdpau cannot decode wmv,
    In order to use wmv with mplayer-vdpau if your gpu DOES NOT SUPPORT vc-1 make sure to use ffwmv3 or wmv9dmo (w32codecs) as part of the -vc argument in smplayer or config in the .mplayer folder in your home directory.
    EDIT: Never mind, I installed w32codecs in synaptic and now it works just fine.

Sam
    Last edited by sammydee; February 16th, 2009 at 01:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Great news the newest nvidia driver 180.35 now has vc-1 support for all vdpau capable cards as well as support for the newer chipsets GeForce GT 120, GeForce G100 and Quadro FX 3700M.

Beans

I can't understand HOW, but if i try to install mplayer-vdpau enabled from topic repository, it have this dependencies: libdirac0c2a (i can't install without it), and this last, try to uninstall A LOT of packs,
    ffmpeg, gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg, vlc, libavcodec etc!
    :O

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@psychok9

I assume that you are trying to install it from a private repository and that there is a problem with the different versions required for some packages. Depending on what will be uninstalled, your system might become completely broken. You should really be careful in such a situation.

If you are really eager to try it, I would recommend that you try to compile it yourself from source as described in the first message of this thread.

Cheers

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frafu View Post
    @psychok9

I assume that you are trying to install it from a private repository and that there is a problem with the different versions required for some packages. Depending on what will be uninstalled, your system might become completely broken. You should really be careful in such a situation.

If you are really eager to try it, I would recommend that you try to compile it yourself from source as described in the first message of this thread.

Cheers
    Thank you.
    I've tried the private repository, because I can't compile mplayer svn with VDPAU enabled. I got a lot of statement errors on vdpau file.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast