Thread: A couple of things.

Beans

A couple of things.

First off, we need to be more active, sure, I just joined today, but from what I have seen, no one seems interested. Just to help increase participation, I myself will hold a meeting here in Carmel. If interested reply. It will only happen with at least 5 replies.
    Secondly, happy new year.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: A couple of things.

The Indiana LoCo team is spread out throughout the state, with pockets of members in Evansville, Bloomington, Indy, and Fort Wayne. We've gotten together in person several times, usually for conferences like ITEC and Open Minds or Ubuntu Release parties (We've held parties for Gutsy, Hardy, and Intrepid).

Due to the geographic dispersity, we've had monthly IRC meetings in the past. We haven't had an IRC meeting in a while but have planned get togethers via the mailing list or here in the forums.

Feel free to organize more in person meetings as well, but there might be more participation for bigger events like conferences or release parties.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by schultmc View Post
    The Indiana LoCo team is spread out throughout the state, with pockets of members in Evansville, Bloomington, Indy, and Fort Wayne. We've gotten together in person several times, usually for conferences like ITEC and Open Minds or Ubuntu Release parties (We've held parties for Gutsy, Hardy, and Intrepid).

Due to the geographic dispersity, we've had monthly IRC meetings in the past. We haven't had an IRC meeting in a while but have planned get togethers via the mailing list or here in the forums.

Feel free to organize more in person meetings as well, but there might be more participation for bigger events like conferences or release parties.
    I know this, most people if any will be coming from westfield, fishers, indy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

if i may pop in with my 2 cents.

its nice to get together with people, chat about ___ topic but with the economy the way it is. it gets hard justifying gas,cost of food/drink for a get together.

i cant speak for others, but i know myself i couldn't afford it. even tho it would be nice to go to
    Still learning linux after using it for years

Linux Register User #481509
    Ubuntu Register User #25492

Beans

Hello, and welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by chriswashere View Post
    First off, we need to be more active, sure, I just joined today, but from what I have seen, no one seems interested.
    I don't think no one is interested.

In an all-volunteer organization like ours, the level of activity will ebb and flow depending on how much free time we, the volunteers, can dedicate to it.

Just to help increase participation, I myself will hold a meeting here in Carmel. If interested reply. It will only happen with at least 5 replies.
    Excellent Choice.

Going out and doing something is the best way to go about addressing a lack of activity.

Be the change.

Secondly, happy new year.
    Happy New Year!