Thread: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

Threaded View

Re: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

I'm trying to patch my DSDT for a Foxconn A85GM with BIOS version 933F1P05. My submitted DSDT.dsl was disassembled with IASL-20100528. Thanks 67GTA or anyone else that could provide some help with resolving the errors and warnings that I'm receiving with compiling it.

Update: I've finally completed the patch for the DSDT table. I've provided attachments for the original and final compilations for the A85GM. I'll clean up the tables syntax later for further optimizations but it is fully functional with zero errors, warnings, or remarks.

Second Update: I've removed the patched DSDT because of finding a bug after performing some Linux and Windows testing. I will have to debug and then I will upload the newer patched DSDT table.

Third Update: I've attached the patched DSDT with 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks, and 77 optimizations. I am currently using this patched DSDT compiled/compressed in the BIOS and not patched into the Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7 kernels. Both OS appear to be a bit more responsive and have slightly faster boot times to their respective desktops. Also, the S0-S5 states are operational. I have not tested this fully for all available options in the CMOS or potential bugs. I am not responsible for your use of my patched DSDT. I will be testing this patched BIOS with an older Linux kernel later on. Again, use this at your own risk.

Fourth Update: I replaced version 933F1P05 with version 933F1P06 which was released on 20100618. The DSDT was almost the same as in the previous version with the same compilation errors, warnings, and remarks; so it wasn't difficult this time to patch this version. This newer version was an update for 6-Core processor support. Use this patched DSDT at your own risk.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by computer.technician; June 19th, 2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Progress Update