Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

Beans

Re: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

ok,

i red about new solutions with opensuse and bla bla, but i want use my debian...

so, can u have a look at these, all the same ?

from this page:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=378

dsdt: http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...8&d=1258028416

and from this page:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=379

and dsdt: http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...4&d=1258043819

tnx, bye ;D

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Cool Re: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

I have the same problem, but today i soved it!!!

Here is the tutorial 100% WORKING, I tested it, with my laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L7310GW

> LINK: http://www.computerhok.nl/JSPWiki/Wi...-KernelCompile

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I could boot into ubuntu using the boot option "pci=nobios".Still trying to get my DSDT file fixed.

I've recompiled your DSDT with 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks, and 66 optimizations. Also, I've mended the Linux pointer to use the same table references as Windows. Use this patched DSDT at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by erikmorres View Post
    Hi,

I'm having some issues with my newly acquired system and was pointed (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9393520) to this thread as you might be able to help and/or provide some hints to resolve my issue.

The frustrating issue Iran into with this system is: the fans (at least the CPU fan) run constantly at max speed.

sensor output:

Code:
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:      +34.0°C  (high = +74.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)  

coretemp-isa-0001
    Core 1:      +34.0°C  (high = +74.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)  

coretemp-isa-0002
    Core 2:      +40.0°C  (high = +74.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)  

coretemp-isa-0003
    Core 3:      +28.0°C  (high = +74.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)  

f8000-isa-0a00
    +3.3V:       +3.38 V
    3VSB:        +3.39 V
    Vbat:        +3.30 V
    fan1:       1507 RPM
    fan2:        831 RPM
    fan3:          0 RPM  ALARM
    fan4:          0 RPM
    temp1:       +38.0°C  (high = +70.0°C, hyst = +60.0°C)  
    temp2:       +34.0°C  (high = +100.0°C, hyst = +85.0°C)  sensor = Intel PECI
    temp3:       +36.0°C  (high = +100.0°C, hyst = +85.0°C)
    In an attempt to resolve this I've tried different acpi_osi switches, to no avail however. My latest attempt is to look at the DSDT, as it was suggested that this might be the cause of the issue. However after extracting, disassembling and recompiling I get a couple of warnings and a remark. However I don't know if these are the cause of the issue I'm having and - in case this is the cause - how to amend the DSDT to overcome this issue. Your help is very much appreciated!

The output of iasl is as follows:

Code:
    Intel ACPI Component Architecture
    ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20090521 [Jun 30 2009]
    Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
    Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

dsdt.dsl   132:         Name (_T_0, Zero)
    Remark   5110 -                  ^ Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0)

dsdt.dsl  5223:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)
    Warning  1104 -                                 ^ Possible operator timeout is ignored

dsdt.dsl  5237:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)
    Warning  1104 -                                 ^ Possible operator timeout is ignored

dsdt.dsl  5252:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)

dsdt.dsl  5267:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x0FFF)

dsdt.dsl  5281:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)

dsdt.dsl  5296:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)

dsdt.dsl  5311:             Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)

ASL Input:  dsdt.dsl - 6150 lines, 190558 bytes, 2724 keywords
    AML Output: dsdt.aml - 22355 bytes, 729 named objects, 1995 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 7 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 66 Optimizations
    I've included my systems DSDT.dsl file in the hopes somebody notices if there is an issue with this file.

Another related question I have after reading through this thread is: in the case I amend the DSDT file, do I need to redo these steps when I add new components to my PC?

Again, thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Erik
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Buggy DSDT File - HP pavilion dv6-2163TX

This DSDT has been patched and compiles with zero errors, warnings, and remarks. If you decide to compile this with any IASL version dated from 20091214 then all DSDT tables will compile with errors for Name (_PLD, Buffer()) because of the new ACPI 4.0 implementation of requiring packages to be created. Use this patched DSDT at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashikahamed View Post
    I get this at the end when i compile the dsdt.dsl file

'ASL Input: dsdt.dsl - 13621 lines, 471479 bytes, 3634 keywords
    Compilation complete. 116 Errors, 2 Warnings, 2 Remarks, 4 Optimizations'

I couldn't figure out how to fix all those error.Can you please fix me those errors.I have attached my dsdt.dsl file.

This DSDT has been patched and compiled with zero errors, warnings, and remarks. Use at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekh View Post
    Hi All,
    I have LG E500 notebook with the same ACPI issues. But in my case recompiling of DSDT doesn't help.
    I tried to put corrected dsdt in initrd as well as in the new kernel. But in both cases it doesn't work.
    The issues are:
    - sleep and hibernate don't work;
    - wrong battery level;
    - CPU overheating (for example - when I try to compile a new kernel);

Maybe I need to install some special soft? Or maybe I did something wrong?
    There are original and edited dsdts in attached files. Also, dmesg and dmidecode output.

Dear 67GTA, please, look at attachments. If you'll be need some more information - just let me know what kind of.
    I'll be very grateful for any help.

This patched DSDT compiled with zero errors, warnings, or remarks. Use at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericw12 View Post
    Dumb me. Sure thing, here it is!

Thanks a lot!

This patched DSDT compiled with zero errors, warnings, or remarks. If you use IASL version dated from 20091214 then the table will compile with errors for Name (_PLD, Buffer ()) because of the ACPI 4.0 specification of requiring packages. (_PLD) object is just for the physical location of the EHCI/OHCI and its child objects for the user and OSPM. Use this DSDT at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanmmj View Post
    I've got a Toshiba L505D with a severely broken DSDT table.
    It has the bug outlined here.

(ACPI table overridden after boot)
    The DSDT that overrides it is completely broken. The DSDT that we pull using the patch posted on that thread is slightly broken, too. It works, though. Unfortunately, the patch doesn't work on the Ubuntu kernel from git. I was hoping you guys could help us fix our DSDT table. (I'm running 10.04 right now, btw. But the problem is there on all Ubuntu versions (and every other non-windows OS, unfortunately...)

Thanks guys!

Beans

Hey guys,

i bought a Lenovo Ideacentre D400 Homeserver normally running Microsoft Windows Home Server very well, but i am a little geek and want to have ubuntu 10.04 on that pretty little box. Now i have a problem with the suspend and hibernate mode. I think it is a problem with the dsdt table. I look but there were only 13 warnings but i am not able to solve these problems to get this job done. Maybe anybody is a dsdt table geek and can help me.

Thanks and greets from Germany.

I attached my dsdt-table.

dsdt-bymaxe.zip

This DSDT has been patched and compiles with zero errors, warnings, or remarks using the 20100528 IASL. Use at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by bymaxe View Post
    Hey guys,

i bought a Lenovo Ideacentre D400 Homeserver normally running Microsoft Windows Home Server very well, but i am a little geek and want to have ubuntu 10.04 on that pretty little box. Now i have a problem with the suspend and hibernate mode. I think it is a problem with the dsdt table. I look but there were only 13 warnings but i am not able to solve these problems to get this job done. Maybe anybody is a dsdt table geek and can help me.

Thanks and greets from Germany.

I attached my dsdt-table.

dsdt-bymaxe.zip

Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast