Thread: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

Threaded View

Beans

Re: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

67GTA or computer.technician,

Can you help with this one? I am adding a firewire hack to get rid of the power conservation issue. This is for an XPS M1530 Dell Laptop. running both Linux and OSX86 Snow.

Here is the error:

/Users/osxfr33k/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 6100: [*** iASL: Read error on source code temp file /Users/osxfr33k/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.src ***]
    Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected $end ^

ASL Input: /Users/osxfr33k/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 6101 lines, 194479 bytes, 2019 keywords
    Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Here is the Hack I inserted from EVO DSDTSE a nice Gui Application with a ton of fixes like HPET, RTC and the list goes on and on.

Firewire power conservation Hack.

It´s a nice idea to change all your firewire names on DSDT to apple´s ones, for example from FIWI to FRWR.

Locate Scope (_GPE), add this on the end.

Method (_L1A, 0, NotSerialized) /* <-- Added for firewire */
    {
    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PCIB.FRWR, 0x00)
    Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
    }

Locate your Firewire device (or create it with this code if it doesn´t exist)

Device (FRWR) /*Add all this code if you don´t have firewire device on DSDT*/
    {
    Name (_ADR, 0x00070000)
    Name (_GPE, 0x1A)
    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) /* Add from here if you already have a firewire device on dsdt*/
    {
    Store (Package (0x02)
    {
    "fwhub",
    Buffer (0x04)
    {
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
    }
    }, Local0)
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
    Return (Local0)
    } /* End of code if you just add to a existing firewire device */
    }

My DSDT.dsl is attached.

Thanks for having a look and trying to help. If you are able to fix it can you post what was wrong and what you did to rectify the error?

EDITED THE NEXT DAY:

I think I can see why this Hack is nto going to work.

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PCIB.FRWR, 0x00)
    Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)

I do not have a PCIB nor a PWRB device. I guess if I add those devices I can assume this script will compile correctly?

PWRB is just power button and I see that EVO has a small script for that I can add that easily. But what is the PCIB device I have no idea?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by osxfr33k; June 30th, 2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Possible reason for the compiling issue?