Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warning DBuserror.org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply

Beans

Re: Warning DBuserror.org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    I have the same problem with Ubuntu 10.04.

Sometimes gEdit overwrites a remote file with an empty file, and all my php code gets deleted. It wont manage to save a file if the FTP connection has not been in use recently.

Something else that has been a problem is that it will not always unmount an FTP directory.

This is really annoying!
    Last edited by Alex1331; May 28th, 2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added error messange

Beans

Hi all

I've been having a similar problem with the Windows network. Luckily for me, the samba share is actually on a Linux server so I could log in and see what was going on.

The first thing I tested was whether it could actually find the server. I removed my details from the Gnome keyring. This would decide whether it got a response for authentication. Short answer, it did. I gave it my auth details and *then* got the dbus error message.

Since I knew the IP address I tried this:

Code:
    # smbmount //<IP>/<dir> /mnt/smbdrive/<dir> -ouser=<username>,password=<pass>
    smbmount complains about not being able to mount a root directory, which is why I have had to add <dir> into these.

Interesting response, however:

Code:
    mount error(113): No route to host
    But pinging <IP> receives responses.

It is at this point I tried again in Nautilus and lo and behold I can browse the network.

I have a feeling the dbus timeout error is not lying. The first ping back from the server was 2.6ms; the rest were of the order of 0.5ms.

I am therefore wondering whether the pinging of it (or sshing into it) did something with a cache, that then causes the server to respond within good time for dbus to mount it.

I will keep playing with this to see what I can find.

Apologies that this does not help people with local drive issues :<

Beans

I had the same problem on mounting windows shares (from a small business 2008 server) which I'd opened fine the previous day. The only change between then and now is running updates but I sadly didn't pay attention to what updated.

Anyway reinstalling Samba then restarting Nautilus fixed it for me, a few folders still moaned with the same message but a quick F5 on that page and try again worked in most cases.

Beans

I recently installed 10.04, and since then my FTP locations all produce the DBus error. No problems of this kind ever occurred in 9.10. FTPing from the shell doesn't pose any problems. This is indeed quite annoying - I hate it when stuff breaks after an update.

Beans

I have this message and I fixed it on Lucid by running seahorse and removing the password of the shared folders. though I didn't change the passwords lately.

I had the problem while trying to mount windows shares from nautilus. the old shortcuts to the share were not working (the same error message).

After I deleted the stored passwords the share is working again.

Beans

I also received this message after shutting down without unmounting a ftp location. The error was fixed by deleting the saved information for the ftp location from the keyring/ Passwords & Encryption key program.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by UAA View Post
    I have this message and I fixed it on Lucid by running seahorse and removing the password of the shared folders. though I didn't change the passwords lately.

I had the problem while trying to mount windows shares from nautilus. the old shortcuts to the share were not working (the same error message).

After I deleted the stored passwords the share is working again.
    This worked for me.
    Thanks

Beans

It did not work for me...

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    I hate when files get overwritten with a empty file, or the whole files dissapears.(FTP, gEdit)
    Please, PLEASE tell me how i can solve this problem :/

Beans

I'm having the exact same problem with window shares. Copying large files and small files alike. Anyone know a way to fix this please....

Beans

The problem still exists in 10.10.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast