Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning DBuserror.org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Question Warning DBuserror.org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply

When a mount a cdrom with a large number of pictures, I always get a dialogbox with the following message : DBuserror.org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply : Did not receive a reply. Possible cause include: the remote application did not sent a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired or the network connection was broken.

This happens to be only a warning as after a few seconds, the cdrom gets mounted and the files are being displayed. Looks as if the timeout set is too sharp for my hardware. How can I prevent this message as it seems rather harmless, but is rather annoying when you mount a cdrom.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Warning DBuserror.org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply

I experience this problem when I unmount a phone card.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

So?

Beans

It looks like I only have the problem with cd\dvd I burnt in windows. Anything I burnt in linux or if its a manufactured cd it mounts fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for the bump - I just installed a new SATA optical drive (Samsung SH-S223F) and now I'm getting this error whenever I try to mount a 2nd CD\DVD in a session. THe first one is fine, but the 2nd one results in this error in Gnome

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Using 8.10 with all of the most recent kernel upgrades. I've checked my fstab and it still includes the line
    /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom0 is09660 ro,users,noauto 0 0

I have also changed it to
    /dev/sc0 /media/cdrom0 auto ro,users,noauto 0 0

and other combinations.

I have also tried commenting out the CDROM line in fstab and letting HAL take care of it but I still get this error message.

I don't want to have to reinstall or changed my BIOS settings to treating SATA drives as IDE

Exact error
    DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    Last edited by nohammer; May 24th, 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am having the same problem when I try to connect to a site using FTP.

Code:
    DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply

Beans

bump - its not a critical issue but I would like to know what is going on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am also getting the same response when I try to access a Windows-based MP3 jukebox in my home network (it is an Escient E2-160, for anyone who might know a way to make this work). Under a Windows system, the jukebox's hard drive is accessed by inputting "//server name)". Since I first started using Ubuntu in May, I haven't been able to figure out how to access the jukebox over the network. Yesterday I looked at the network listings and there it was (I think it has something to do with running the jukebox, which caused the network to finally notice it - I don't use it often). But when I tried to access the folder containing all the music, I received the following message:

Sorry, could not display all the contents of "content on [servername]": DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    I know that the directory normally takes a long time to load (it's a 160GB hard drive that is about 85% full), so I like the others in this thread would like to know if there is anything I can do to adjust the time the system waits for the directory to load, if that is the issue. Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I am getting this error message too. I get it sometimes when trying to browse FTP or save PHP files with Text Editor. Going to keep looking for a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cool Re: Warning DBuserror.org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error.NoReply

I get this message when I try to browse a computer located in the network folder. I really want it fixed, because I now have to type in the location manually. "smb://<computerName>/<shareFolder>/"
    * Challenges are meant to be overcome;
    so adapt, attack and overcome! *
    http://www.feralbytes.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I get this message when I unmount an MP3 stick after putting music on it and also sometimes with another data stick.

It seems it times out before it has finished transferring data/unmounting & I cant seem to unmount the stick properly.

This has corrupted some data on the stick before.

It seems the mp3 stick becomes idle and stops replying to my laptop before the laptop is finished transferring data.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast