Thread: Legend of the Green Dragon - Fun Web Text MiniORPG

Beans

Thumbs down Legend of the Green Dragon - Fun Web Text MiniORPG

If you played the BBS door game LORD back in the day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_green_dragon then you might like the web recreation Legend of the Green Dragon.

I host an instance and play with some friends at http://greendragon.jdodson.org. At this time we are a small community looking to add a few players to spice things up!

Feel free to make suggestions to the setup OR just slay other players and kill the dragon.

Thanks for reading this.

Again, play here: http://greendragon.jdodson.org

REQUIREMENTS: no opengl needed just a web browser and a internet connection
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!

Beans

Re: Legend of the Green Dragon - Fun Web Text MiniORPG

Thanks to the new people that have tried it out!
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

it is a very old game but fun, i re-play it , thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by binbash View Post
    it is a very old game but fun, i re-play it , thanks
    Well yeah, but like nethack it never dies.

Beans

Just wanted to let people know I updated the game with new modules and changed some other game settings around.

We are also up to 30+ players

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I know this is a programming question but what language did you use? Where did you learn your programming skills?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Oh IC it is PHP. Have you ever thought of creating story lines and such based on pseudo random number generation? Like a never ending story that keeps reusing its resources to create new scenarios?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xenoalien View Post
    Oh IC it is PHP. Have you ever thought of creating story lines and such based on pseudo random number generation? Like a never ending story that keeps reusing its resources to create new scenarios?
    First off, I didn't create the game I just host. And secondly the game continues forever.

Basically its a ladder MiniORPG where people compete for Green Dragon Kills and slay each other, build clans, get mounts, die, come back to life, mounts, races, classess, etc.

I recently turned on new random forest events as well as events for the inn. When the games starts getting stale I will enable quests above the meager occasional mini-quest you can get randomly in the forest. I don't want to turn on everything right now and give people a reason to keep coming back.

Suggestions always welcome, but I think doing much taylored programming is something I prob won't do much of. But if you want to, feel free the source is always open!

Beans

bump.