Thread: I'm Itching For A New Video Card, When Will The New ATI Open Source Driver Be Out?

Beans

I'm Itching For A New Video Card, When Will The New ATI Open Source Driver Be Out?

Hello,

I've heard ATI is going to give a fully 3D open source driver for its video cards... I want a new card for my rig but I am trying to hold out for the driver to come out and be available for ubntu. When do you guys expect this will happen 6 months, a year?

Beans

Re: I'm Itching For A New Video Card, When Will The New ATI Open Source Driver Be Out

I expect it will take longer than that to get them drivers up to nvidia standards anyway

Beans

Re: I'm Itching For A New Video Card, When Will The New ATI Open Source Driver Be Out

wow that bites :C

Beans

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. My comp has an on board ATI card and my Nvidia PCI-e card is slowly dying. I tried to make the switch before but could not get compiz running with the ATI card.