Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Compatibility issues? Anyone tell me?

Beans

Re: Compatibility issues? Anyone tell me?

Ok, I can confirm wireless works "out of the box" under Jaunty 64-bit, the only thing I had to do was go into Hardware Drivers, DEactivate support for Atheros chipsets, and restart.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by swornbrother View Post
    Jaunty Alpha 3 64-bit with Nvidia 180 drivers works! I used the

xorg.conf workaround and it worked flawlessly. Compiz even works, with graphics settings maxed out.

It looks like I'll be using this as my "stable" installation, even though it's alpha. I think I'll just not update it until Jaunty is stable.
    This is so AWESOME!!! I have true speed video as well as the correct resolution!!!

The next item to tackle before trying to get java and flash going will be to get the bluetooth working correctly and have my MS mouse 5000 to work... It sees it but it will not connect it.

Plus the little thing of the wireless showing it on at the little button and not glow orange like it is... Where is the blue....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dBuster View Post
    This is so AWESOME!!! I have true speed video as well as the correct resolution!!!

The next item to tackle before trying to get java and flash going will be to get the bluetooth working correctly and have my MS mouse 5000 to work... It sees it but it will not connect it.

Plus the little thing of the wireless showing it on at the little button and not glow orange like it is... Where is the blue....
    Okay I can pair the mouse and the bluetooth however the mouse does not function... hmmm I see also there is a bug report with Intrepid about the bluetooth not working... argh!!! I suppose it carried over to Jaunty as well.

Beans

dBuster, not sure about bluetooth. I don't have any bluetooth devices yet.

The fn keys are not allowing me to change the brightness setting, though they do work for all other fn functions.

Perhaps it has something to do with the Nvidia workaround?

I also can't access the volume control interface.

ntfs-3g isn't allowing me to mount my Vista partition either..

Do you share any of these issues?

Also, If you're having any problems loading the wireless drivers on Windows, check this thread I started here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1042722 It seems HP/Compaq listed the wrong drivers and specifications for this model on their support page. It is mostly definitely an Atheros chipset that we're using, NOT Broadcom.
    Last edited by swornbrother; January 19th, 2009 at 02:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

dBuster, not sure about bluetooth. I don't have any bluetooth devices yet.

The fn keys are not allowing me to change the brightness setting, though they do work for all other fn functions.

Perhaps it has something to do with the Nvidia workaround?

I also can't access the volume control interface.

ntfs-3g isn't allowing me to mount my Vista partition either..

Do you share any of these issues?

Also, If you're having any problems loading the wireless drivers on Windows, check this thread I started here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1042722 It seems HP/Compaq listed the wrong drivers and specifications for this model on their support page. It is mostly definitely an Atheros chipset that we're using, NOT Broadcom.
    I do not have any brightness issues at the moment and the next time I boot into it I will check that out but if I were a gambling man I would say definitely from the work around.

I noticed also how I couldn't see the vista partition either. thought nothing of it at first. You sure that the ntfs-3g installed? I know things like the screenlets did not.

The only thing I can confirm is that the fn key to control the volume is working for me! Have you gotten the wireless button to glow blue or is yours still orange??

Beans

Ok, I managed to find a temporary fix for the ntfs-3g issue in this thread:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...3g/+bug/300443

Today, I just booted in and my wireless wouldn't start up! There was a crash report from Jockey, and I tried rebooting--still didn't fix it. So I went into Hardware Drivers, ENABLED support for Atheros drivers, and it worked. This seems to be a fix of some sort, if this happens to you, but I wouldn't try it unless your wireless won't start, because it might break it.

Also, if you're having problems with mounting shared folders over the network under nautilus, try smb4k, it worked for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well things are progressing. I did lose my touchpad earlier but I got it back now. Still trying to get the bluetooth to work. I can see the mouse but I can not get it to pair up. Tried even adding the mac address into the settings and it still will not pair.

I think I am going to look at the work around for 8.10 and see if that will work with 9.04... At least I am hoping there is a work around.

As far as the fN key and changing the sound and brightness I have had no problems.

I do have to start firefox though from the terminal as I get an error about firefox already running and when I try to kill it the pid changes on me and does not kill the bugger. Even went as far as removing and then reinstalling firefox and same result. I do however have the latest flash and java working without any hitches which is something I could not get to work on the old laptop with 8.04!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Bluetooth mouse is now working!!!

Had to run the following:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install bluez-compat
    and then once that was installed I ran
    Code:
    sudo hidd --search
    It found the mouse and then it paired up!!! I now have mouse!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok, I managed to find a temporary fix for the ntfs-3g issue in this thread:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...3g/+bug/300443

Today, I just booted in and my wireless wouldn't start up! There was a crash report from Jockey, and I tried rebooting--still didn't fix it. So I went into Hardware Drivers, ENABLED support for Atheros drivers, and it worked. This seems to be a fix of some sort, if this happens to you, but I wouldn't try it unless your wireless won't start, because it might break it.

Also, if you're having problems with mounting shared folders over the network under nautilus, try smb4k, it worked for me.
    Thanks for the NTFS fix! Worked like a charm! Reading my Vista partition like a champ now!!! Wahoo!!!

Any other issues we may have experienced we should put together here as a guide to the many who it seems are buying the CQ60-xxx and having issues! What do you think? Put together the best or leave it as is?

Any ideas on the wifi button issue of it not changing to blue like vista does when the wifi is on? since it is working as I am online now.

Beans

Sounds like a stellar idea. I do hope this thread has helped some people out, but a guide would be even better.

As for that pesky wireless button, I've been trying for a couple days to figure it out, and still haven't a clue.

Upon finding this article,

http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/UserDocs/EnableLEDs

I thought all my problems would be solved, but following the instructions didn't lead me anywhere. These are the commands they provided:

sysctl -w dev.wifi0.ledpin=1
    sysctl -w dev.wifi0.softled=1
    but these LEDs they're referencing don't seem to exist. Maybe there is something I'm missing..?

It's really important to get this going, not only does it extend our battery life, but turning off the wireless is the only way I can get JACK to run smoothly without XRUNS, as far as I know.

Any thoughts on this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast