Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please suggest alternate to Evolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Please suggest alternate to Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Soldier View Post
    Hi mikebravo,
    Have you tried changing Evolution preferences?
    In Evolution toolbar, go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Composer Preferences -> General -> Forward Style
    By default the forward style is Attachment. Change it to Quote or Inline.
    In Evolution toolbar, go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Composer Preferences -> General -> Spell Checking
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks troop, close but no cigar. I had been using the default. Have now tried it with both QUOTE and INLINE. If the original includes a forward as an attachment it puts me back to sending third party address headers and text that I want to cut. Think I will try Thunderbird.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Soldier View Post
    Hi mikebravo,

Have you tried changing Evolution preferences?

In Evolution toolbar, go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Composer Preferences -> General -> Forward Style

By default the forward style is Attachment. Change it to Quote or Inline.

In Evolution toolbar, go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Composer Preferences -> General -> Spell Checking
    That worked perfectly. Now he has ZERO to complain about. It is a menu option like Thunderbird add every Tom, ****, and Harry that emails you to your address book.
    Windows, only good for gaming.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by babloo75 View Post
    i would give negative marking for thunderbird if u have an account on yahoo.. thunderbird fails with yahoo
    I have two Yahoo accounts and use Thunderbird for both. Not had a problem myself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thanks everyone for your interest. I think we have beaten this just about to death, but one quick observation: a lot of my problem exists between the chair and the keyboard. No one mentioned the importance of choosing between HTML or Plain Text when sending email. I come from an Outlook Express background, and a forward in OE goes out the same way it comes in, no matter which method you have selected for composing. I have always composed in plain text because the Shetland Sheepdog chat list I belong to will bounce anything with HTML and I never forward to that list. I have been using Evolution in Plain Text mode. A lot of my editing problems go away when I switch to HTML when appropriate. Thanks again. MB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123