View Poll Results: What type of interface would you prefer?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both player and channel guide on the same window

107 69.03%
  • Separate windows for player and channel guide (current configuration)

48 30.97%
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: New App: SopCast Player for Ubuntu

Beans

Re: New App: SopCast Player for Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by anlag View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for a great program. Getting SopCast to work on Ubuntu has always been a bit of a pain earlier, but your program just works perfectly straight away.

Was so grateful I went and made you a Swedish translation for it. Only two items I couldn't translate: "QC" and "QS" which I have no idea what they're referring to, but unless they're some clever abbreviations in English I'd assume whatever they mean they could simply be directly copied into the Swedish version.

Cheers again!
    from here:

5.2 QS & QC

Two parameters could be used to monitor the quality of a channel. One is the quality of source (QS) and another is the quality of client network (QC).

QS stands for the quality of the channel source. Low QS value means the SopServer does not receive enough channel content, and it will result in the poor quality of all viewers. If you feed the channel with an external media server's stream, and SopServer presents the poor QS, you should check the connection between SopServer and the media server to see whether the connection can transfer the stream data efficiently and integrally.

QC stands for the average buffer level of all viewers. The high QC value means the p2p network is working greatly and every watcher can receive most of the channel content in its buffer. If a channel has a low QC, you can check
    1) whether the SopServer have enough bandwidth to support the p2p distribution.
    2) whether most peers in p2p network have not good internet access to share the stream data.

On SopServer, when a channel is broadcasting, you can monitor QS in "server status info" area. You can click the blue "quality bar" on WebPlayer or SopPlayer to see the quality of a channel, QC.
    but i wouldn't translate, like kbps
    mujeres y hombres de esta tierra
    un otro mundo es posible
    otro mundo diferente
    justo si, y sin miedo de su gente

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by anlag View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for a great program. Getting SopCast to work on Ubuntu has always been a bit of a pain earlier, but your program just works perfectly straight away.

Was so grateful I went and made you a Swedish translation for it. Only two items I couldn't translate: "QC" and "QS" which I have no idea what they're referring to, but unless they're some clever abbreviations in English I'd assume whatever they mean they could simply be directly copied into the Swedish version.

Cheers again!
    I can see your question about translation was answered. I just wanted to say thank you for supporting SopCast Player. Your translation has been added to source and will be released as part of the distro packages in the 0.2.2 release which is due out this weekend. Thank you again, and keep up the great work!

Cheers,
    Jason

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dittohead80 View Post
    I've got a bit of a problem with my Sopcast player. It was working ok when I first installed it but after a recent update it comes up with an error message when I try to run it: "RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file". How do i fix that?
    I saw the same problem since python was updated in Jaunty. Because when Python compiles, it embeds its magic number in the resulting .pyc, so when that is loaded against another version of python, things go boom.

To fix the problem, go to /usr/share/sopcast-player/lib/ and delete all of the .pyc files. But there is a direct reference to .pyc in the launcher, so you must also go to /usr/bin/sopcast-player, and change .pyc to .py. After that, it should run for you.
    Last edited by NoelJB; March 14th, 2009 at 01:14 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NoelJB View Post
    After that, it should run for you.
    Loosely speaking, mind you. Under Jaunty, the channel guide is throwing an exception when you load:

You must not use 8-bit bytestrings unless you use a text_factory that can interpret 8-bit bytestrings (like text_factory = str). It is highly recommended that you instead just switch your application to Unicode strings.
    That does not happen under Intrepid (python 2.5.2).
    Last edited by NoelJB; March 14th, 2009 at 02:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by NoelJB View Post
    Loosely speaking, mind you. Under Jaunty, the channel guide is throwing an exception when you load:

That does not happen under Intrepid (python 2.5.2).
    What version of Python are you running?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    Jaunty has 2.6
    I am downloading Jaunty right now and will release a new package tomorrow fixing this issue.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I installed the sopcast player from source but when i refresh the "SopCast Player Channel Guide" button it doesn`t appear any channel. It download in my home directory the xml file channel_guide.xml in .pySopCast directory but it doesn`t appear in the list.

Maybe i did something wrong, but if i open a sop address manually it works.

btw... i am using opensuse 11.1 and python 2.6

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by calin_ionut View Post
    I installed the sopcast player from source but when i refresh the "SopCast Player Channel Guide" button it doesn`t appear any channel. It download in my home directory the xml file channel_guide.xml in .pySopCast directory but it doesn`t appear in the list.

Maybe i did something wrong, but if i open a sop address manually it works.

btw... i am using opensuse 11.1 and python 2.6

Cheers!
    There is a known issue with using python 2.6. I am working on a fix for it but I am unsure how long it will take to publish. A workaround is to invoke the executable with the python2.5 command. I will publish a fix as soon as I can find a viable solution.

Cheers,
    Jason

Beans

Thumbs down Re: New App: SopCast Player for Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy97 View Post
    There is a known issue with using python 2.6.
    [...]
    A workaround is to invoke the executable with the python2.5 command.
    Yes, just change /usr/bin/sopcast-player as follows:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    /usr/bin/python2.5 /usr/share/sopcast-player/lib/sopcast-player.py $@

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast