Thread: forum not responding!????

Beans

forum not responding!????

Hello,

I've posted some threads about my not being able to connect my wireless card, but nobody is replying.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1032671

Can someone at least look at my system info before I conclude that I have to send the card back.

Beans

Re: forum not responding!????

Quote Originally Posted by fibo112358 View Post
    Hello,

I've posted some threads about my not being able to connect my wireless card, but nobody is replying.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1032671

Can someone at least look at my system info before I conclude that I have to send the card back.
    Your other post has only been up no more then two hours ago. Be aware that we're just volunteer geeks who have been through this before and not paid tech support. It sometimes takes awhile for someone who is familiar with your specific problem to take a look at it. There are many posts I ignore because I don't know the answer. Your original post is a good example, you're having problem with ndiswrapper. Although I have used wireless cards on ubuntu before all the ones I have used installed 'out of the box' without needing ndiswrapper. Since I've never used ndiswrapper before I have no useful suggestions for you. Be patient and eventually someone that is familiar with ndiswrapper will come along. In the meanwhile search through the forum for other people with similar problems, google is also useful for looking for how-to's.
    Last edited by donkyhotay; January 7th, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
    Free Moonbase Commander remake @ http://code.google.com/p/tether

Beans

Yes, duplicates are bad.

If you can send that card back I would. Buy something that works with Linux naively so you don't have to use ndiswrapper. Not saying that ndiswrapper won't work but I personally buy my wireless devices based on Linux compatibility .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

+1 Buying for Linux compatibility.

Usually you don't have to pay much more to find something that works, and you win in two ways doing so. First, my time is worth so much more than even a $10 difference. Second, you support manufacturers that are positive to Linux and FOSS, so you register your dollar votes according to your values.

For instance, I looked and looked for a music player that supports OGG natively. I have about ~1/4 of my music in it and may in the future transfer all of it to that format. So it is important for me to have a music player to support that. I found the iRiver i300. It has 8GB of storage, and I paid a little over $100. A good price for an otherwise slightly cheap player. But it works great with OGG so I'm happy. Now if I could only get it to mount right. :$
    Last edited by JoshuaRL; January 7th, 2009 at 01:22 AM.