Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

Quote Originally Posted by joshoekstra View Post
    Hmmm, I get a second set of packages for update today, the SVN-numbers have gone from 20273 to 20274. I like regular updates, but is this supposed to happen?
    All packages seem to be working fine, so I'm not complaining. Just an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikas View Post
    Yes. It's more like daily builds now.
    We were having some issues with some of the builds, and in order to rebuild them, we have to rebuild everything (not just the part that failed). This seems to have been worked out now though.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Distro

It's because there has been a concerted effort to fix a lot of things about the trunk build (plugins etc). Everything should be working now...

(Famous Last Words)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I cant get trunk to work with mythbuntu 8.10..(something fails when running apt-get upgrade) haven't tried lately but i will try again in my virtual machine tonight.
    Last edited by Nikas; March 29th, 2009 at 07:06 PM.

Beans

Just a quick question..

Was trying the Mythbuntu 9.04-beta CD.

Is there a way to force the installation of a frontend when the backend or mysql database can't be reached?

I wanted to test installing on a USB flash drive while offline and I couldn't.

Must install a full backend+frontend instead.

There should be a way to allow installation, even if it can't contact the mysql database.

Thanks
    Jean-Yves

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
    Just a quick question..

Was trying the Mythbuntu 9.04-beta CD.

Is there a way to force the installation of a frontend when the backend or mysql database can't be reached?

I wanted to test installing on a USB flash drive while offline and I couldn't.

Must install a full backend+frontend instead.

There should be a way to allow installation, even if it can't contact the mysql database.

Thanks
    Jean-Yves
    Hi Jean:

Starting at RC this will be doable. If your backend isn't contactable because of a wireless network or what not, then start up in Live mode rather than install mode to be able to contact the wireless network.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I cant get trunk to work with 8.10.
    Clean install via VirtualBox:

Code:
    root@mythtv-test:/home/niklas# LC_ALL=C apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    The following packages have been kept back:
      linux-headers-generic linux-image-generic
      linux-restricted-modules-generic mythcontrols mythflix mythgallery
      mythgame mythmovies mythmusic mythnews mythphone mythtv mythtv-backend
      mythtv-backend-master mythtv-common mythtv-database mythtv-frontend
      mythtv-transcode-utils mythvideo mythweather
    The following packages will be upgraded:
      mytharchive-data
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 20 not upgraded.
    184 not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 0B/13.4MB of archives.
    After this operation, 582kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y     
    (Reading database ... 91054 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace mytharchive-data 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mytharchive-data_0.21.0+trunk20300-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mytharchive-data ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mytharchive-data_0.21.0+trunk20300-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/mytharchive-ui.xml', which is also in package mythtv-common
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mytharchive-data_0.21.0+trunk20300-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    root@mythtv-test:/home/niklas#
    How should i add trunk with a clean install?
    Do i have to start with update and upgrade before i add the trunk repo or something?
    Should i use dist-upgrade?
    Last edited by Nikas; April 4th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Following a update to Jaunty beta, I tried to add the weekly builds to my repos list and hit a problem, I`ve installed the deb package twice and both times it`s trying to connect to the PPA repo, even though I chose the UK server on the first try & US on the second (doing a complete purge removal of the package between tries)

W: Failed to fetch http://weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org/my...ty/Release.gpg Could not connect to weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org:80 (130.133.35.11). - connect (111 Connection refused)

W: Failed to fetch http://weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org/my...tion-en_GB.bz2 Could not connect to weeklybuilds.mythbuntu.org:80 (130.133.35.11). - connect (111 Connection refused)

W: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    is there a way of fixing this manually, without having to go through the rigmarole of removing the package & reinstalling i.e manually editing the lines in etc/apt/sources.list

What was wrong with the old way of doing things using terminal entries to add entries/gpg key etc

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nikas View Post
    How should i add trunk with a clean install?
    Do i have to start with update and upgrade before i add the trunk repo or something?
    Should i use dist-upgrade?
    When I installed it I installed mythbuntu 9.04.
    Skipped the Mythtv setup bit
    Rebooted
    Updated the base Operating system
    Then added trunk.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by endemoniada View Post
    Following a update to Jaunty beta, I tried to add the weekly builds to my repos list and hit a problem, I`ve installed the deb package twice and both times it`s trying to connect to the PPA repo, even though I chose the UK server on the first try & US on the second (doing a complete purge removal of the package between tries)

is there a way of fixing this manually, without having to go through the rigmarole of removing the package & reinstalling i.e manually editing the lines in etc/apt/sources.list

What was wrong with the old way of doing things using terminal entries to add entries/gpg key etc
    Ok, first, thats not the PPA. The PPA address looks like http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/ppa/ubuntu The address that you posted is to the US repo. The US (and UK) repos mirror from the PPA, that is why there is PPA in that link.

It would appear that the weekly builds repo server is down. It is not responding to pings. In the words of superm1 "so that likely means that an army of little children attacked the datacentre with plastic sporks and succeeded". Our suggestion is to either wait for the server to come back up, or switch to the PPA.

There is nothing wrong with the weekly-build package. It has been tested and works great. It is easier for users to install and configure this package (and reconfigure to change between repos). This package also installs the GPGKEY, so thats another step the user doesn't need to do anymore. If you want to change between repos, instead of purging and reinstalling the package, do "dpkg-reconfigure mythbuntu-weekly". If you wish to not use the package, you can still manually add the repos to your sources.list and manually add the GPGKEY. I'll leave you to find out how to do that on your own though.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by wombo View Post
    When I installed it I installed mythbuntu 9.04.
    Skipped the Mythtv setup bit
    Rebooted
    Updated the base Operating system
    Then added trunk.
    As i did then... clean install... :/
    I will give 9.04 a try.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast