Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Beans

Re: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Thanks TGM for getting me pointed in the right direction...
    OK, there were 2 files named config.xml on the system.
    /etc/mythtv/config.xml and
    /home/ziggy/.mythtv/config.xml

/etc/mythtv/config.xml was mostly unpopulated.

/home/ziggy/.mythtv/config.xml looked like it had all the data in it, although there are different sub-sections.

I just copied /home/ziggy/.mythtv/config.xml into /etc/mythtv/ and reran 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. It completed without errors and the system seems to be running fine now.

Seems like some processes of Myth use one location and other processes use the other?
    This was originally a clean install of 12.04.1 and 0.25 with no updates a year or two ago. And then upgraded directly to 0.27.

As you can see, the formats and contents of the 2 files were quite different. Is there any way to know what all the proper contents should be? And are both locations important? And should both locations be identical or do they serve different purposes? Just curious now.

/etc/mythtv/config.xml
    Code:
    <Configuration>
      <Database>
        <PingHost>1</PingHost>
        <Host></Host>
        <UserName></UserName>
        <Password>5nlGPENB</Password>
        <DatabaseName></DatabaseName>
        <Port>3306</Port>
      </Database>
      <WakeOnLAN>
        <Enabled>0</Enabled>
        <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
        <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
        <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
      </WakeOnLAN>
    </Configuration>

/home/ziggy/.mythtv/config.xml
    Code:
    <Configuration>
      <UPnP>
        <MythFrontend>
          <DefaultBackend>
            <DBHostName>localhost</DBHostName>
            <DBUserName>mythtv</DBUserName>
            <DBPassword>U740CP5r</DBPassword>
            <DBName>mythconverg</DBName>
            <DBPort>3306</DBPort>
          </DefaultBackend>
        </MythFrontend>
        <UDN>
          <MediaRenderer>{c0fecaf3-6fd3-4d65-9fa7-c13d5aae576</MediaRenderer>
        </UDN>
      </UPnP>
    </Configuration>

Beans

Well I thought everything was working after the 0.27 upgrade... Mythweb doesn't respond, so I'm looking into that. Webmin works however.

Beans

Mythweb didn't work because it picked up bad database info (name and password) from the incorrect /etc/mythtv/config.xml. to correct that manually, edit /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf and add the database name and password.

Looking back at the original drive before trying to upgrade, it turns out that the file /etc/mythtv/config.xml existed but was a file of zero length, causing the upgrade to produce a non-working /etc/mythtv/config.xml. Then when the upgrade gets to installing the 0.27 mythtvbackend package it fails with a "no database selected" error and halts the upgrade at that point leaving things in a non working state.

I have no idea why /etc/mythtv/config.xml was zero length. There is a valid config.xml at /home/ziggy/.mythtv/config.xml. Copying this file to /etc/mythtv/config.xml before trying to upgrade to 0.27 allows an upgrade to go to completion.

I have tried clean installs from the same media used originally and they produce /etc/mythtv/config.xml with proper settings. Some upgrade or configuration over the past year must have caused that file to be recreated with no contents.?.

Perhaps doing a sanity check on /etc/mythtv/config.xml before starting a 0.27 upgrade would be a good idea to prevent an upgrade failure.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Is it possible to get mythtv 0.27 fixes from MythTV-Updates repository if Mythtv was not installed via mythbuntu? I have Ubuntu 13.10 with Mythtv 0.27 and would like to get the updates. Please advise.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by williammanda View Post
    Is it possible to get mythtv 0.27 fixes from MythTV-Updates repository if Mythtv was not installed via mythbuntu? I have Ubuntu 13.10 with Mythtv 0.27 and would like to get the updates. Please advise.
    Thanks
    yes, you can do this the same way as any other supported Ubuntu release. See the graphic here http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Distro

I'm alittle confused....
    I went to the site:

http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos

and the only option I could see to use was the "Install the Mythbuntu-repos package" by downloading this .deb file:

mythbuntu-repos.deb

at this url:

https://sites.google.com/a/mythbuntu...attredirects=0

since I don't have Mythbuntu control centre installed because it doesn't work beyond 12.10. The install failed via the software center. Can I just get the ppa's that I can install into the repositories? or what else do I need to do?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro

I'm alittle confused....
    I went to the site:

http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos

and the only option I could see to use was the "Install the Mythbuntu-repos package" by downloading this .deb file:

mythbuntu-repos.deb

at this url:

https://sites.google.com/a/mythbuntu...attredirects=0

since I don't have Mythbuntu control centre installed because it doesn't work beyond 12.10. The install failed via the software center. Can I just get the ppa's that I can install into the repositories? or what else do I need to do?
    Thanks
    You can enable it from the command line via

Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.27

Beans
    Distro

How would I get the gpg key?

Beans
    Distro

How would I get the gpg key?
    It should be downloaded with that command.

Beans

I'm on MythBuntu 12.04.3 LTS, using MythTV 0.26.

When I change the Repos setting in MCC to 0.27 I get the warning that 0.27 is still in development, yet the MythTV website lists 0.27 as having been released as of Sept 18, 2013.

So two questions -
    1) Am I OK to go ahead and update to 0.27, or should I wait a bit longer?
    2) Is the MythBuntu MCC going to be changed/updated so that it doesn't give that warning any more?

Thanks!

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast