Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Beans

Re: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Where do we need to go to request that MythTV 0.24 be added back to the repositories?

I made the mistake of upgrading my backend to 12.04, and now recordings are failing due to this bug
    which doesn't even look like it's being worked on. It's labeled as minor priority and medium severity --- How can failing to record can be anything less than critical severity!?

Everyone who reported the bug rolled back to 0.24 to fix it, so I rolled back to the previous Ubuntu LTS(10.04) for now but that's not supposed to be supported for much longer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Threk View Post
    Where do we need to go to request that MythTV 0.24 be added back to the repositories?

I made the mistake of upgrading my backend to 12.04, and now recordings are failing due to this bug
    which doesn't even look like it's being worked on. It's labeled as minor priority and medium severity --- How can failing to record can be anything less than critical severity!?

Everyone who reported the bug rolled back to 0.24 to fix it, so I rolled back to the previous Ubuntu LTS(10.04) for now but that's not supposed to be supported for much longer.
    We're not going to add 0.24 builds for 12.04, as it shipped with 0.25. Further, there aren't any commits to the 0.24 branch anymore, so you're asking for something that would

A) only amount to a single build
    B) require users do a healthy set of work to even get it installed
    C) not be used by many users

I skimmed that bug report, did anyone happen to try the 0.26 version?

If you really want 0.24 on 12.04, you could attempt activating the Lucid repo on it (although it would be completely unsupported). Still I would prefer someone at least test it with 0.26.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    We're not going to add 0.24 builds for 12.04, as it shipped with 0.25. Further, there aren't any commits to the 0.24 branch anymore, so you're asking for something that would

A) only amount to a single build
    B) require users do a healthy set of work to even get it installed
    C) not be used by many users

I skimmed that bug report, did anyone happen to try the 0.26 version?

If you really want 0.24 on 12.04, you could attempt activating the Lucid repo on it (although it would be completely unsupported). Still I would prefer someone at least test it with 0.26.
    None of the posts in the bug report even mention 0.26. Although it seems likely to me that the bug will probably have carried forward into 0.26, you're right that it should be tested.

Since I JUST got my backend running and stable again I'm not going to mess with it right now, but when I get some free time (maybe next weekend) I'll swap some hard drives do a clean 12.04 install and run some tests.

I hadn't even considered the Lucid repo... in the likely case that the bug is still in 0.26 I might give that a try too. (Thanks for the suggestion)

Overall it still sounds to me like sometime within the next year I'm going to need to replace some perfectly good(though admittedly quite old) hardware simply because the software doesn't support it anymore, which is very frustrating.

Beans

I for one am not sure why pvr cards are creating this problem but the fact is that analogue is pretty well dead as a transmission technology. Can still be useful for capturing the output of a stb though. But with the move to hd an hd-pvr is a better solution.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi,

I've been having trouble upgrading from .25 to .26 (sorry didnt use the offical way Myth Control Centre).

After some messing about I thought I would purge all myth packages and use a mysql backup.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.26
    sudo aptitude update
    sudo aptitude install mythtv

Setting up mythtv-backend (2:0.26.0+fixes.20121009.2d2932a-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2) ...
    mythtv-backend start/running, process 9636
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv:
    mythtv depends on mythtv-database; however:
    Package mythtv-database is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
    No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
    ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    mythtv-database
    mythtv
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    A package failed to install. Trying to recover:
    Setting up mythtv-database (2:0.26.0+fixes.20121009.2d2932a-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2) ...
    ERROR 1046 (3D000) at line 22: No database selected
    dpkg: error processing mythtv-database (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv:
    mythtv depends on mythtv-database; however:
    Package mythtv-database is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    mythtv-database
    mythtv
    Note I had removed mythconverg database from mysql so it should be a fresh install. ( I have a backup)

*** Edit

I found this thread from the mailling list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...v/users/529396

Editing the file: /var/lib/dpkg/info/mythtv-database.postinst seemed to help it install.
    Last edited by kingmoffa; October 9th, 2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: solution

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kingmoffa View Post
    Hi,

I've been having trouble upgrading from .25 to .26 (sorry didnt use the offical way Myth Control Centre).

After some messing about I thought I would purge all myth packages and use a mysql backup.

sudo aptitude update
    sudo aptitude install mythtv

Note I had removed mythconverg database from mysql so it should be a fresh install. ( I have a backup)

*** Edit

I found this thread from the mailling list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...v/users/529396

Editing the file: /var/lib/dpkg/info/mythtv-database.postinst seemed to help it install.
    Few questions.

1) How long have you been trying to upgrade?

2) Does the info in /etc/mythtv/config.xml and ~/.mythtv/config.xml match?

Beans

It's probably somewhere in this thread.. but..

How do you do repo version selection on mythbuntu 12.04 from the command line over SSH ? As was previously done with mythbuntu-repo. I've just added it by hand in /etc/apt now, but apt and friends keeps complaining about signatures.

Edit: Answer'ish

Code:
    Last edited by Henk Poley; December 12th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Henk Poley View Post
    It's probably somewhere in this thread.. but..

How do you do repo version selection on mythbuntu 12.04 from the command line over SSH ? As was previously done with mythbuntu-repo. I've just added it by hand in /etc/apt now, but apt and friends keeps complaining about signatures.

Edit: Answer'ish

Code:
    add-apt-repository is the correct way.

Beans

Hello, I'm running Mythbuntu 12.04 running with the 0.25-fixes repos and would like to test 0.26 with a quick & safe way back to 0.25 if I encounter some issues. I'm a recent Mythdora convert, so please forgive the newbish question -- How does one revert a mythtv upgrade with Mythbuntu?

I'm NOT asking about database backup/restore -- I can handle that. I'm interested in how to cleanly re-install the 0.25 packages.

I tried this on a frontend that I'm not actively using, after bringing it up to 0.26, I went back to Mythbuntu Control Center and changed my repos back to 0.25, removed the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-0_26-precise.list*, but when I try to 'apt-get install' the myth packages, it still says they are the newest. Do I have to first 'apt-get remove' them?

Thank you,
    Dave Hill

Beans

Yes remove then reinstall

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast