Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates, auto-builds - Questions or Is

Thanks for clearing it up!

I'm on x64 so that's why I haven't got it working I would presume!

Is it possible for you to just push a x64 build now?? My kids would love being able to watch tv again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates, auto-builds - Questions or Is

Quote Originally Posted by superm1 View Post
    couple of problems happened. here's the order:

1) abi change (0.24->0.25). some libraries are in both packages and threw things off for the first night's autobuild. you could manually work around this
    2) live tv broke (upstream change). also in that same autobuild
    3) mythweb broke due to a patch added for proper paths for some people. it's not clear why this broke. for someone having this scenario we need to understand why they are using /var/www/html not /var/www/mythweb (the default)
    4) mythweb broke due to broken symlink
    5) now last night amd64 failed to build. this was to fix the symlink problem in mythweb. live tv was fixed in this build. abi change was fixed in this build.

so if you're on i386, last night's build should have all the problems fixed. amd64 should be fixed with tonight's build.
    I have looked at the fix and it relies on the "BackendServerIP6" = NULL or "" for livetv. In my and my friends servers the "BackendServerIP6" is set to "::1". The frontend then tries to connect to ::1:6543 and fails so, i had to manually set the BackendServerIP6 to NULL in the database to make the connection work again in i386. My server is amd64 so im waiting for new packages.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Same problem with i386:
    "RemoteFile: penSocket(control socket): Could not connect to server :6543
    FileRingBuf(myth://:6543/1007_20120217042644.mpg): RingBuffer::RingBuffer(): Failed to open remote file (myth://:6543/1007_20120217042644.mpg)"
    Missing IP. Same problem for two of my friends now.

Waiting to try new packages.
    Last edited by Nikas; February 16th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I just kicked off a new build. If all goes well it should be available within the hour
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    I just kicked off a new build. If all goes well it should be available within the hour
    Thanks. LiveTV works again.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks! worked as described!

Beans

In the last few builds of 0.25 debs for libmythtv-perl you are not loading any of the Perl Modules... they come up blank. Can you look into this?

Beans
    Distro

Sorry to say that the problem is back! I can not connect to backend again. Problem was solved but has somehow found its way in. But now it seems like nothing can connect to backend, not even watch recorded shows like last time.

Problem solved!
    A friend of mine found the problem, setting ipv6 address to "::1" did the trick!
    Last edited by extasy; March 6th, 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The parser for automatically filling in Show titles/season numbers based on the file heirarchy on disc has changed for the worse. I'll use an example. I have my programs stored like this

[TV Series Title] (as a folder) --> Season 01 (folder) --> S01E01.mp4

for example.

Now, in .24, the video screen would automatically use that to fill in the show title, and season no correctly, meaning I could then scan for metadata and it would fill in the rest (through tvdb)

Unfortunatly, since 0.25, the video screen seems to ignore the overall series title when scanning for videos, so while the heirarchy is preserved, in the info for each video, instead of the title being Frasier for example, the show title for all episodes in season 1, is: Season 1, which means it scans for a TV show called "Season 1" not "Frasier". Just letting you know of this, of course it would probably change for the release.

I hope you understand what I mean :$ I'll post screenshots when I get home over the weekend

Beans

Re: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

If I choose the mythbuntu repos for .25, am I getting .25-fixes or is there a separate repos for that?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Quote Originally Posted by dheianevans View Post
    If I choose the mythbuntu repos for .25, am I getting .25-fixes or is there a separate repos for that?

Thanks.
    0.25-fixes.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast