Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 344

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    3

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    I'm new to Mythbuntu but not a linux newbie. I'm trying to update Intrepid with svn-0.22 build. I followed the directions on the auto-builds page. I also uninstalled all myth apps before following the instructions. apt-get upgrade always seems to pull the svn-0.21 trunk instead of the 0.22 trunk. How can i fix that. I'm a Slackware user so I'm just getting use to Ubuntu.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Beans
    2,983
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    The builds are labeled as 0.21+trunkXYZ

    This is because 0.22 is not actually released yet. So it's "0.21" + "all the trunk stuff after 0.21"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    3

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by superm1 View Post
    The builds are labeled as 0.21+trunkXYZ

    This is because 0.22 is not actually released yet. So it's "0.21" + "all the trunk stuff after 0.21"
    I'm trying to to use the 0.22 svn buid. My backend which runs on BlueWhite64 is on the svn-0.22 build. All of my frontends are on the same build. I'm considering moving to Mythbuntu so that's why I need to use the 0.22 svn release. Is there a way to easily compile from the source code in Mythbuntu.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    7

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by keimol View Post
    Topic mentions Jaunty builds but it seems they are not available?
    Also, I should mention that I'm interested in the trunk builds. Bleeding edge FTW.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Beans
    4,381
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by andyrm View Post
    I'm trying to to use the 0.22 svn buid. My backend which runs on BlueWhite64 is on the svn-0.22 build. All of my frontends are on the same build. I'm considering moving to Mythbuntu so that's why I need to use the 0.22 svn release. Is there a way to easily compile from the source code in Mythbuntu.
    Until upstream actually makes a branch for 0.22, there will not be a 0.22 package. There is however, a 0.21+trunk branch which is what you are looking for. As superm1 said, it is called that because upstream has not made a separate branch for 0.22 yet. What you are using on BlueWhite64 has an (IMO) incorrect version number. Until upstream makes a new branch for 0.22, there is no 0.22, it is just trunk.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    3

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    Until upstream actually makes a branch for 0.22, there will not be a 0.22 package. There is however, a 0.21+trunk branch which is what you are looking for. As superm1 said, it is called that because upstream has not made a separate branch for 0.22 yet. What you are using on BlueWhite64 has an (IMO) incorrect version number. Until upstream makes a new branch for 0.22, there is no 0.22, it is just trunk.
    My mistake, I't trying to get the trunk and even though the url leads you to believe that I'm getting the mythtv trunk, I get the 0.21 fixes. I've been running on the trunk since October. It's been pretty good. My database and all my recordings are in the database used by trunk so I can't go back without lots of pain and possibly loosing all of my recordings. Is there an easy way for me to build from source in Mythbuntu. I've been running Slackware since it's inception and I know my way around that environment. I just need a few pointers for the Ubuntu environment.

    I'm considering migrating to Ubuntu for all my 7 workstations and servers. this is just the first step.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    46
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by keimol View Post
    Topic mentions Jaunty builds but it seems they are not available?
    Right, where are the .21-fixes for Jaunty?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Beans
    205
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by grytpype View Post
    Right, where are the .21-fixes for Jaunty?
    No .21-fixes for hardy for a long time either..

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Beans
    205
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Got some fixes today but...

    Code:
    dpkg: error processing mythtv-backend (--configure):
     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv:
     mythtv depends on mythtv-backend (= 0.21.0+fixes20205-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1); however:
      Package mythtv-backend is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
     dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-backend-master:
     mythtv-backend-master depends on mythtv-backend (= 0.21.0+fixes20205-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1); however:
      Package mythtv-backend is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mythtv-backend-master (--configure):
     dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     mythtv-backend
     mythtv
     mythtv-backend-master
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    What now?!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Beans
    2,983
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikas View Post
    Got some fixes today but...

    Code:
    dpkg: error processing mythtv-backend (--configure):
     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv:
     mythtv depends on mythtv-backend (= 0.21.0+fixes20205-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1); however:
      Package mythtv-backend is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
     dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-backend-master:
     mythtv-backend-master depends on mythtv-backend (= 0.21.0+fixes20205-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1); however:
      Package mythtv-backend is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mythtv-backend-master (--configure):
     dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     mythtv-backend
     mythtv
     mythtv-backend-master
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    What now?!
    <shrug>

    OK, well the build problems were sorted out, that's why these suddenly showed up.

    Try this:

    Code:
    apt-get -f install
    If that doesn't do the trick, can you modify /var/lib/dpkg/info/mythtv-backend.postinst

    and add a
    Code:
    set -x
    Near the top (but after #!/bin/sh)

    Try an apt-get -f install again after you make that change. Please post the output here so we can debug it and get that fixed.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •