Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Beans

Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

It was segfaulting as soon as I started.

Sorry, I can't provide a capture, I simply downloaded the package, updated the source to a new revision and it started right away.

BTW, I have completed ported VDPAU support to 0.21-fixes..
    Available there:
    http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv-vdpau/
    along with Ubuntu packages ...

Works great for me at least

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
    It was segfaulting as soon as I started.

Sorry, I can't provide a capture, I simply downloaded the package, updated the source to a new revision and it started right away.

BTW, I have completed ported VDPAU support to 0.21-fixes..
    Available there:
    http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv-vdpau/
    along with Ubuntu packages ...

Works great for me at least
    woah neat!

I'll have to give this a shot on my box now....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Works great for me!

Thanks!

-Mark

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

So I just switched to the 0.21+fixes+VDPAU and video looks great! I have a huge problem with this though; transitions in the menu are painfully sloooooooow (20+ seconds). I'm using the 180.22 driver from the repo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Edit: fixed the transition problem by changing the transitions to QT.

Now that I set video render to VDPAU Mythtv crashes as soon as it tries to play a video.
    Last edited by xinix; January 30th, 2009 at 07:38 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xinix View Post
    So I just switched to the 0.21+fixes+VDPAU and video looks great! I have a huge problem with this though; transitions in the menu are painfully sloooooooow (20+ seconds). I'm using the 180.22 driver from the repo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Edit: fixed the transition problem by changing the transitions to QT.

Now that I set video render to VDPAU Mythtv crashes as soon as it tries to play a video.
    Hi

What video card do you have ?
    Prior to using Qt for display rendering, was VDPAU working ?

Jean-Yves

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It's a 6200, I just read up on the compatible cards and they start with the series 8xxx cards. I think thats my problem. When I first got this installed it didn't occur to me that I had to change things to VDPAU. I just started playing a show and the picture was better than before, I assumed that it was working. Then I realized that VDPAU was an option to enable and found it crashes my system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xinix View Post
    It's a 6200, I just read up on the compatible cards and they start with the series 8xxx cards. I think thats my problem. When I first got this installed it didn't occur to me that I had to change things to VDPAU. I just started playing a show and the picture was better than before, I assumed that it was working. Then I realized that VDPAU was an option to enable and found it crashes my system.
    Yes, the VDPAU build isn't for you...

The 6200 won't handle the VDPAU features incorporated in my patches..

For the picture to be better, you would have to use the new OpenGL rendering and de-interlacer, the vdpau patches includes Mark Kendall OpenGL patches, made huge improvements there... If you check my repository, I have older packages without VDPAU but with the OpenGL fixes only

I'm surprised that using VDPAU crashes your system however, it should just default to xv or opengl if vdpau isn't available...

Jean-Yves

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm trying to use trunk with 8.10 (VirtualBox)

It's not working.
    I can post my apt-get output but it's in swedish.
    Stuff about broken-pipe..
    How can i get the output in english?

Edit:
    Got it (US-mirror. The UK-mirror are giving some other error message, PGP-error or something):
    Code:
    root@mythtv-test:/var/log# LC_ALL=C apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      mythtv-backend: Depends: mythtv-common (= 0.21.0+trunk19789-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1) but 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 is installed
      mythtv-database: Depends: mythtv-common (= 0.21.0+trunk19789-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1) but 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 is installed
      mythtv-frontend: Depends: mythtv-common (= 0.21.0+trunk19789-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1) but 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 is installed
      mythtv-transcode-utils: Depends: mythtv-common (= 0.21.0+trunk19789-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1) but 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 is installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
    root@mythtv-test:/var/log# LC_ALL=C apt-get upgrade -f
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Correcting dependencies... Done
    The following packages will be upgraded:
      mytharchive-data mythcontrols mythflix mythgallery mythgame mythmusic
      mythnews mythtv-common
    8 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    30 not fully installed or removed.
    Need to get 0B/23.2MB of archives.
    After this operation, 4293kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
    Preconfiguring packages ...
    (Reading database ... 106992 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace mythtv-common 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mythtv-common_0.21.0+trunk19789-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mythtv-common ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mythtv-common_0.21.0+trunk19789-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/controls-ui.xml', which is also in package mythcontrols
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Preparing to replace mytharchive-data 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mytharchive-data_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mytharchive-data ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mytharchive-data_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/mytharchive-ui.xml', which is also in package mythtv-common
    Preparing to replace mythcontrols 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mythcontrols_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mythcontrols ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mythcontrols_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/controls-ui.xml', which is also in package mythtv-common
    Preparing to replace mythflix 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mythflix_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mythflix ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mythflix_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/netflix-ui.xml', which is also in package mythtv-common
    No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
                                                                  Preparing to replace mythgallery 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mythgallery_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mythgallery ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mythgallery_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/gallery-ui.xml', which is also in package mythtv-common
                                                                  Preparing to replace mythgame 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mythgame_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mythgame ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mythgame_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/game-ui.xml', which is also in package mythtv-common
                                                                  Preparing to replace mythmusic 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mythmusic_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mythmusic ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mythmusic_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/mm_waiting.png', which is also in package mythtv-common
                                                                  dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Preparing to replace mythnews 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1 (using .../mythnews_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mythnews ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mythnews_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/news-ui.xml', which is also in package mythtv-common
                                                                  Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mythtv-common_0.21.0+trunk19789-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mytharchive-data_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_all.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mythcontrols_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mythflix_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mythgallery_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mythgame_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mythmusic_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb
     /var/cache/apt/archives/mythnews_0.21.0+trunk19693-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    root@mythtv-test:/var/log#
    Last edited by Nikas; February 4th, 2009 at 12:43 AM.

Beans

For what it's worth xinix,

I have done some naive tests on VDPAU, and I must say that, despite some recent critisism in the direction of the nvidia team, VDPAU support is excellent news, and the tests show this.
    From 29% CPU usage down to 2% with VDPAU.

If you're tempted, I would recommend spending a bit of money to buy the Geforce 8 or higher card that has VDPAU support.

See the results here:
    VDPAU benchmarks

Beans

Topic mentions Jaunty builds but it seems they are not available?

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast