Thread: Backend won't update to 0.27

Beans

Backend won't update to 0.27

I've used MCC to select the 0.27 repo, but using either the software updater, or sudo apt-get dist-upgrade doesn't prompt me to upgrade. I've even tried forcing the repo from the command line : sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.27

But - it still seems stuck to 0.26.

Any ideas how to force an upgrade?

Thanks!

(Had to wait until after Breaking Bad finale to upgrade, so only getting to this now).

Beans

Re: Backend won't update to 0.27

PS: Backend is running 12.04.3

Also - tried to select 0.27 (using MCC) on one of my frontends (also running 12.04.3 LTS) and it offered the upgrade - but can't do it on frontend until backend is sorted out.

Also - noticed on my frontend (that offered upgrade), my choices were 0.26/0.27/0.28, but on the backend it was only offering 0.25/0.26/0.27. And - yes - I hit refresh.
    Last edited by NikosF; October 4th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by NikosF View Post
    PS: Backend is running 12.04.3

Also - tried to select 0.27 (using MCC) on one of my frontends (also running 12.04.3 LTS) and it offered the upgrade - but can't do it on frontend until backend is sorted out.

Also - noticed on my frontend (that offered upgrade), my choices were 0.26/0.27/0.28, but on the backend it was only offering 0.25/0.26/0.27. And - yes - I hit refresh.
    Did you do an apt-get update?
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    Did you do an apt-get update?
    Yup.

I did eventually get it to update - but first I had to update to 13.04, then it worked from the command line.

Strange, since it worked through MCC for my frontends all still running 12.04.

Thanks for the advice.