Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accessing/Mounting EXT3 in Windows 7 Beta?

Beans

Accessing/Mounting EXT3 in Windows 7 Beta?

Hey all,

Has anybody figured out a way to access/mount an EXT3 Filesystem within Windows 7?

All the old methods have seemed to *break* in Windows 7, as they no longer install (They don't see Windows 7 as the equivalent to XP or Vista, so it cancels the installation).

Any help you guys could give would be GREAT, since I have all my music on my ext3 partition, but am forced to use iTunes/Windows to sync to my iPod Touch (Good luck to the iPod Hash group!)

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Accessing/Mounting EXT3 in Windows 7 Beta?

Don't think you'll see compatible software until it's an official Beta later this month. Although depending how much different W7 is from Vista / XP it might be a few weeks..
    Laters...
    Sol
    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere" User numbers: Ubuntu 23772 Linux 477911

Beans

Yeah, I was hoping that wasn't the case. Seems funny since Microsoft claims that all software that works in Vista will work in Windows 7...Apparently this isn't true, because people create software that doesn't check for whether or not it will work, but instead checks to see that "VISTA" is the name of the OS.

Beans

Bump

Beans

ext2-IFS works (http://www.fs-driver.org/download.html) if you change the compability setting to "Windows Vista" by right-clicking the executable => Properties => Compability => Check "Run this program in compability mode for" and select "Windows Vista".

Cheers!

Beans

ext2-IFS works (http://www.fs-driver.org/download.html) if you change the compability setting to "Windows Vista" by right-clicking the executable => Properties => Compability => Check "Run this program in compability mode for" and select "Windows Vista".

Cheers!

it dont work for me

with ompatability mode ext2-IFS installs fine but when i reboot i still cant see the ext3 drives

EDIT: ok i got it

i had to use compatablility mode and run it as the administrator

EDIT AGAIN: lol, nevermind i don't got it, it stops working every time after i reboot
    Last edited by tjwoosta; January 11th, 2009 at 06:39 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tjwoosta View Post
    it dont work for me

with ompatability mode ext2-IFS installs fine but when i reboot i still cant see the ext3 drives

EDIT: ok i got it

i had to use compatablility mode and run it as the administrator

EDIT AGAIN: lol, nevermind i don't got it, it stops working every time after i reboot
    What build are you on? It works fine here.

Beans

What build are you on? It works fine here.
    im on the official release ( i got it from microsoft yesterday)

build 7000

ive tried everything i can think of but no matter what i do it stops working when i reboot

it works fine immediately after i install it, but as soon as i reboot i get nothing agian, then i have to uninstall it, reboot again, then install it again and repeat the process
    Last edited by tjwoosta; January 11th, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tjwoosta View Post
    im on the official release ( i got it from microsoft yesterday)

build 7000

ive tried everything i can think of but no matter what i do it stops working when i reboot

it works fine immediately after i install it, but as soon as i reboot i get nothing agian, then i have to uninstall it, reboot again, then install it again and repeat the process
    I'm on build 7000 as well. Installing that driver with compability mode set and as an administrator made it work.

Beans

hmm..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast