Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

Beans

Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

I'm looking for an update on the Easy Ubuntu Clustering project - is anyone working on it anymore??

I am very interested in getting a working SSI with an updated Ubuntu distro... I played with some SSI live distro (can't recall the name at the moment) but it was from 2005 so NIC drivers on new hardware was a nightmare.

On a side note, I have no issue getting basic HPC cluster tech like MPI working on a base Ubuntu system but SSI being a kernel module I get lost quickly.

Thanks!

Beans

Well this is really great to know about Clustering, i am using Ubuntu from past 6 months and well i am enjoying lot and very curious to learn more about Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Smile Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

I'm also following this thread, I hope to see more updates soon, this is exciting software that can reduce development cost and time especially when clusters are needed to compile large projects; it would be so great to not have to create application specific software again and again.

Beans

unfortunately Linux clustering is not that active as we might want it.

OpenSSI -- is almost inactive
    Kerrighed is "rather a bit alive".

The interest to the subject is not growing:

http://www.google.com/trends/explore...6%2073m&cmpt=q
    (you may add "linux clustering" or "ubuntu clustering" there)

Patching the kernel all these years were not that easy as life shows it. It is a pity that Linus Torvalds doesn't look towards clustering.

Things like global Process IDs, global file descriptors, global socket references, etc are not even discussed at kernel.org

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by navic View Post
    I'm looking for an update on the Easy Ubuntu Clustering project - is anyone working on it anymore??

I am very interested in getting a working SSI with an updated Ubuntu distro... I played with some SSI live distro (can't recall the name at the moment) but it was from 2005 so NIC drivers on new hardware was a nightmare.

On a side note, I have no issue getting basic HPC cluster tech like MPI working on a base Ubuntu system but SSI being a kernel module I get lost quickly.

Thanks!
    Hi, navic.

I started this thread a while ago, but the project I was working on is now over and my student has left. however, I'm still very interested in Ubuntu clustering. In fact, I'm building a Beowulf in my garage

Bye,

Tony.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi All,
    From a quick skim looks like there is no package that you can download and just yet or have I missed something?
    Nick

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NickJohn View Post
    Hi All,
    From a quick skim looks like there is no package that you can download and just yet or have I missed something?
    Nick
    Hi, Nick.

Check out Jason Coomb's port of Kerrighed to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS:

http://www.kerlabs.com/
    Jason.Coombs@kerlabs.com

HTH,

Tony.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

http://www.stevekelly.eu/cluster.shtml
    in my search today I found the baove site that looks like it is easy scaling after the initial setup
    Last edited by NickJohn; November 26th, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Beans

Kerrighed on Ubuntu 12.04! 0.o That's the best news I'v heard in a long time! I spent all summer (about two years ago) getting this thing running in a VB using ubuntu 8.XX and even though I got it working, none of the soffwere I wanted to run on it would work in Ubuntu 8.XX This is truly fantastic news! I'll see what I can cook up using the sweet 12.04.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849