Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO iPod with (Ubuntu) Linux

Beans

Re: HOW-TO iPod with (Ubuntu) Linux

My 4 GB nano works perfectly with Floola, and since the technology/communication interface will be the same for the 8GB ipod's, I'd say your 8GB ipod will just work with Floola as it does with iTunes!
    Visit my website ruudbeukema.nl for linux howto's... (and other things)

Beans

Is this necessary for Dapper 6.06?

I can see the iPod, I can read and write from it as any other USB device... but synching with anything is messed.

Beans

Brucevangeorge,

You have the mess up experience while using GtkPod? Or also with Floola?

I had this too at first while still using GtkPod. Sync'ing went ok for the first few MB's, but then suddenly everything stalled and the iTunes database file on the ipod was corrupted.

With Floola I never have this problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I'm having trouble with gpixpod: I downloaded the latest version .deb (which is supposted to work with dapper according to their site), and I get an error saying "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: python-support" (even though I have the backage "python-support" installed. What's wrong here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

the thing with using gktpod is that it doesnt read iTunes database properly if you have used your iPob in M$ Windows before. my iPod is one the main reasons that i still do dual-boot. if any linux distro had a good iPod and iTunes support i'd've got rid off M$ software for good long time ago.

Beans

Already tried Floola? www.floola.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

nope, i haven't but ill give it a try. thanks.

Beans

Can I suggest adding "sudo modprobe -r ehci_hcd" to the original howto? I tried all sorts of things to get my shuffle to work, and it worked right off the bat, as it's supposed to, after I did that.

I know it's a more of a general USB tip, and it's not neccessary for most people, but I think that for people just switching to ubuntu, getting their ipod to work is one of the first things. USB wouldn't even recognize that I plugged anything in until I issued that command.

Beans

Strange that your hotplugging doesn't work as it supposed to! You're having this problem with all USB devices (e.g. memory stick, USB hub, etc)?

Why would you want to remove (modprobe's "-r" argument) the ehci_hcd module?

Please, give me a little bit more info about why you do this "remove-modprobing" except from that it just works after you do it (or give me link to the site where you found this solution, so that I can find out myself ). I then may indeed add it to the Floola Quick Guide!

Beans

Unfortunately, I have no idea how it works. hotplugging works fine with basically everything for me except my ipod shuffle. I have a video ipod that works fine as well. When I was plugging in the shuffle, dmesg wasn't outputting anything at all. after I removed the module, it worked without any trouble at all. I got the idea from this thread, but of course there's no explanation behind it.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...76#post1531176

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast