I am using Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron and I have an Epson Workforce 600 connected via LAN (Full Duplex) and I am not able to find the scanner with XSane. I have noted that the network connection is not supported, nevertheless, I have followed the manual configuration steps with no luck.

As a side note I do know that the Workforce is installed properly for I am able to use it completely within my VirtualBox Xp Install. I am also able to print to the device from within Ubuntu with no problems as well as other XP machines from various locations within my home.

I have 2 questions:

1) Has anybody had success in getting this Epson All-In-one working with XSane via the network connection? If so, can you guide me to how you have accomplished this?

2) Is there another application that will work with the scanner via network? If so, what is the name and where can I acquire a installation command for it?

I have searched for 3rd party application and found one that only supports the USB connection. I would like to use the LAN connection since this is a home office application that requires several PCs to print to it as well as scan.

Thanks in advance for your help and please let me know if you require any further information.