Thread: A small clarification

Beans

A small clarification

Hi All,
    I am a newbie to the wonderful world of Linux and Ubuntu.
    I just burnt a live CD of Ubuntu 8.10 and I am enjoying my stay thus far. I am soon going to become a full fledged user of Ubuntu and become an ardent OSS member !
    I have one question. When dabbling with the live CD, I tested my internet. In fact I did nothing, after the live CD came up, I just opened firefox, browsed, downloaded with no problems.
    Can I expect the same to happen once I install ubuntu? Or do I need to configure et al?
    I am in India and I have a BSNL broad band connection. I used a UT300R2U modem that plugs into a router (I use a router to mainly stream wirelessly to my other device which is a PlayStation 3).
    So I need this configuration intact (how to stream wirelessly in Ubuntu is my next problem but I am sure that can be solved).
    So can someone tell me what I need to worry about with respect to internet and if the live CD does well with internet does it mean that post-installing ubuntu I would have no problems? All heads up and help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cannon
    Last edited by cannon_dt; January 4th, 2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Spell errors and missing tags

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: A small clarification

after installing, it will be running the same kernel, so everything will be the same. (unless some updates don't f#ck up things, which happens from time to time)

Beans

Re: A small clarification

Bsh,
    Thanks a ton ! I finally got Linux up and running on my machine and internet worked without a sweat, just like you said !
    Thanks a ton !

Cannon