Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unanswered Posts Team needs YOU!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: The Unanswered Posts Team needs YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Codename View Post
    I think I requested to join awhile ago, I'm just not sure if I got accepted.
    I did as well, through the "Join Team" interface. As it stands, I'm still interested, as well. I spend plenty of time here and would be glad to devote my efforts somewhere specific.
    Spiralinear: Humanity & Machines
    RUNNING: Fedora | FreeBSD | Windows 7

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Seems like all I do here anymore (after checking my unsolved posts) is hit the unanswered posts link and see if there are any I can help with.
    I look at the two to three day (to weeks) old posts and wonder if a solution would even be helpful at that point.
    If someones video is still not working a couple days or weeks later and they haven't already solved it, they've probably given up and moved on..?
    (Master be/fe) ASUS P5KPL IPC, E5400, KVR800D2N6K2/2G, 8500GT, (2)PVR-150, A180, ATSC-115, U10.04, MythTV 0.23-fixes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NT4usB View Post
    Seems like all I do here anymore (after checking my unsolved posts) is hit the unanswered posts link and see if there are any I can help with.
    I look at the two to three day (to weeks) old posts and wonder if a solution would even be helpful at that point.
    If someones video is still not working a couple days or weeks later and they haven't already solved it, they've probably given up and moved on..?
    Even if the person has given up or moved on it still provides a possible solution and may help others who are searching for a solution to their own problem.
    Last edited by Partyboi2; February 4th, 2009 at 04:49 AM.
    Ubuntu Newbie Help: irc: #beginners-help on network irc.freenode.net
    Help others, mark your threads solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Partyboi2 View Post
    Even if the person has given up or moved on it still provides a possible solution and may help others who are searching for a solution to their own problem.
    True enough.
    If the problem is a unique one. And if users search before posting.

Most of the issues posted are not unique. Many questions have been asked and answered several times over.

The challenge is getting the user to actually search.

Many times, I don't know the answer myself but a quick Google search finds it. Then I can post it for the users benefit.

I find using Google to search these forums gives me more control of the results than the boards search engine.
    Most users are not aware of using Google to search specific web sites.
    (Master be/fe) ASUS P5KPL IPC, E5400, KVR800D2N6K2/2G, 8500GT, (2)PVR-150, A180, ATSC-115, U10.04, MythTV 0.23-fixes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I would be interested in helping where possible, but I have nothing like the required 300 posts to my name. The main reason being that the questions that I'd be able to answer have already been answered by the time I read them.
    Registered Linux User #426227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What do you need us to help with? I am willing to participate
    ubuntu - humanity for me and for you

Beans

I haven't reached 300 posts, yet, so I guess I'm not qualified to join.

Almost every post I do on this forum is based upon helping others with their problems, but I'm not sure if the quality of my posts meets the requirements on how they should look like and I also feel that it's important for me to be able to express myself in the way I feel is right for myself, don't want to loose that by joining this team.

Let me know if I would be able to quality and what it means. I'm happy to help but uncertain if I'm good enough to meet the quality standard as I wrote.
    Debian 11 "Bullseye"
    HP Envy 2021 laptop
    Linux user since 1999.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I'll do what I can to help.
    Guide to forum text formatting code. Please use them | Use descriptive thread titles.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I scan the last 24hrs posts every day. My personal criteria for reading a post and potentialy answering is that the title is meaningful and I have knowledge or interest in that area. I favor the posts with few or no responses. What more would you expect me to do? I will admit to ignoring posts with "WTF", "sucks" or threats to go back to Windows in the title.
    Thank a veteran -- George 8)
    Internet Coach & Writer
    Personal Blog -- 3 Joes' Blog

Beans

I just noticed this stickied up and was wondering how many hours would you normally have to put in for this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast