Thread: Network keeps disconnecting randomly

Beans

Network keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, Okay something really annoying happened, the cable warner guys was supposed to come the first week but they "Missed" Our building. There schedule was this week tuesday to come again. This time they diddn't come again because there was a "big dog"

Anyways now i'm stuck depending on another wireless network for 4 days untill i hopefully get internet back. I am running on vista, the network connects fine but it disconnects randomly, it really pisses me off. Can anybody help me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Wink Re: Network keeps disconnecting randomly

Is this network a local network or pulling from another source?

Wireless networks not within reasonable distance from your computer(s) can be unstable based on a plethoria of things. Interference, weather etc. all play a part here.

Also, it is possible if the source you are pulling from, again assuming wireless, may be disconnected at times by the owner.

Basically speaking, if you are pulling from a wireless source, nothing is guaranteed, and most likely will be unstable, especially if the originating source is not very close to you.

Beans

Re: Network keeps disconnecting randomly

I am having kinda the same problem here, it just keeps on disconnecting when i use ubuntu, i dual boot with 7, so when i boot with win 7 it gives me no problem with the internet .. in ubuntu it shows that the bars are full or missing 1 bar but when i open firefox it keeps on loading pages forever then tells me there's not internet connection!