Thread: Wacom Configuration Problems

Beans

Wacom Configuration Problems

Ok, while this may not be directly multimedia it is needed for my digital drawing. I have a TwinView setup, working absolutely fine (other than games but that is a different problem) and my Wacom Hot Cell is representing the whole virtual desktop (both screens).

The Ratio Problem is bugging me but I don't know how to configure it. I've tried a bunch of stuff but I keep running into less common problems.

I've tried xsetwacom but the list dev returns no output even though the wacom driver is fully funtional as far as I can tell well except the scroll function and the buttons, plus I haven't checked rotation.

Oh, and entering xidump -l returns only one device that looks related to the tablet: Wacom Intuos3 6x8 extension

My question is should I reinstall it or change the syntax for my command?

By the way the wacom was installed while installing Ubuntu Studio 8.10 automatically since I kept it connected the entire time while installing the distro.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Wacom Configuration Problems

Apparently you need to add this to /etc/X11/xorg.conf in your wacom section :
    Code:
    Option        "Twinview" "horizontal"
    And to restrict to a single screen :
    Code:
    Option        "ScreenNo" "0"
    I don't have a wacom (yet) though, so I can't test it. I also use TwinView, and I'm hoping that when it arrives I won't run into any problems because of it. I'm also having the issue where some games will try to fullscreen across both monitors instead of (being correctly restricted to) the one I launched it in. =/ Fortunately I'm not big on gaming.