Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound comes out of speakers as well as headphones while headphones are plugged in

Beans
    Hidden!

Sound comes out of speakers as well as headphones while headphones are plugged in

my sound is working fine bt when i plug my headphones in the sound still comes out of the speakers im using a toshiba equium a200-1ac laptop with a realtek ALC861 audio card, any help is welcomed

thanks

Beans

Re: Sound comes out of speakers as well as headphones while headphones are plugged in

Maybe you could open Volume Control and mute the appropriate things? Whenever I plug in my headphones, I mute the speaker, but that might not work for you exactly.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Sound comes out of speakers as well as headphones while headphones are plugged in

ive tried that man, i tried all the different devices and the options for them, the only option to do with headphones is the switches option and i have that enabled. . .

Beans
    Hidden!

bump

Beans

there was a thread about this issue a while back. i will try and find it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Had a similar issue with my Sony Vaio. After searching these forums I found this fix that did the biz:

Now for the audio-jack problem (sound refuses to come out trough the headphones-jack.)

Edit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base (sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base) and add this in the bottom of it

options snd-hda-intel model=vaio

then do this:

sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-$(uname -r)

do these things and enjoy your fz21m
    I'm sure you could modify the code to sort your machine.
    Alan

Saddleworth, Manchester (UK).

Beans
    Hidden!

i tried that there and it didn't work, i changed the code too, thanks any way tho, iv been searchin all over the place tryna fix this???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Open the speaker icon, click Preference, select Headphone Jack sense switches.
    Or try with "$ gnome-alsamixer".

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by IQRules View Post
    Open the speaker icon, click Preference, select Headphone Jack sense switches.
    Or try with "$ gnome-alsamixer".
    iv already tried that , but still no joy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Did not see "Headphone Jack Sense" switch in the image. Are you in 8.04 version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast