Thread: Delete account

Beans

Delete account

Today to my surprise, I 'Googled' my username 'mustangsallydd'. What came up was rather disappointing. One of the the things that came up was 'Ubuntu Forums", 'check out mustangsallydd user profile. And then All my Launchpad activity was there as well. Well I quickly signed into the forum and deleted ALL info in my profile. I understood that it was ok for other forum members to see my profile, but I did not expect it to be on Google. I would like my account disabled and Google info removed. I have notified Launchpad as well.
    Thanks

Beans

Re: Delete account

We do not delete accounts.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Delete account

I think KiwiNZ probably didn't see this line, or he would have gladly helped you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by IusedTObeSOMEONEelse View Post
    I would like my account disabled and Google info removed.
    Thanks
    I have taken care of removing all personal data from your forums account and disabling the account.

Only Google controls what they have indexed, so I have no way to remove anything from their servers. However, there is nothing here to be indexed further and their computers will eventually realize what they have stored is old data, so it will become less and less likely to show up in their searches, and will eventually not come up in the search results.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by matthew; January 1st, 2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added first line
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!