Thread: how do i configure wine?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

how do i configure wine?

i got a new samsung blackjack for christmas and i want to sync it to my notebook but the os on the smartphone is windows. ubuntu cant run the sync disc so i guess wine is my only option. but i cant get it to work. any help
    Ubuntu user#23995,Linux user#479028,linux machine#387481
    LINUX AND LOVI'N IT!!!
    95% of people listen to Rap.If you are part of the other 5% that listens to real music,put this in your signature!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: how do i configure wine?

Chances are, it won't work. I am just guessing here, but it is very likely that the sync software requires some Windows driver to properly detect and interact with the phone. Windows drivers won't work in Wine.

If you know the name of the actual sync software, you can check the Wine application database to see if anyone has got it running and what configurations/additional software may be required:
    http://appdb.winehq.org/

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i cant even get it to sync on my windows box. i might just have to dig my card reader out for micro sd cards and preload my media and files on the micro then put the card in the phone.

oh well,wine seemed a good idea at the time.
    Ubuntu user#23995,Linux user#479028,linux machine#387481
    LINUX AND LOVI'N IT!!!
    95% of people listen to Rap.If you are part of the other 5% that listens to real music,put this in your signature!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I just sort-of resolved this on my Blackjack. Now I have not been able to find anything that will interact w/ active sync but on your phone go to:
    settings> connectivity> usb mode> change from active sync to mass storage.
    your system should mount it. Note the Phone will say you cant see the SD card but you can. that is all you can see. At least you don't have to pull the card all the time.