Thread: "Access" 2000, 2003

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

"Access" 2000, 2003

Does anyone here have any experience using MS Access under Wine (from the repositories) or Codeweaver's Wine? I am specifically interested in experiences with 2000 and 2003.
    Please Insert Funny Statement Here.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: "Access" 2000, 2003

In an old job a while ago I taught MS Office to people and my laptop ran Kubuntu 7.04 and i had 0 problems with access 2000 but 2003 wouldnt run but it didnt matter since i was teaching 2k at the time. If you database is on a network make sure you have samba setup and make sure you IT guys know that you dont use windows to access the network.
    Last edited by OrbJinzo; December 30th, 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Member of Clan Orb
    I like my madness: it has a thrill in it, unknown to such sanity as yours."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by OrbJinzo View Post
    In an old job a while ago I thought MS Office to people and my laptop ran Kubuntu 7.04 and i had 0 problems with access 2000 but 2003 wouldnt run but it didnt matter since i was teaching 2k at the time. If you database is on a network make sure you have samba setup and make sure you IT guys know that you dont use windows to access the network.
    Thanks for the info. Access 2000 has a better rating on the Wine apps database. I'm sure Wine has improved since 7.04, but I think I'll just stick to Office 2000.

Fortunately I'm the network guy, although it is a little tricky to get Samba to work on the network.
    Please Insert Funny Statement Here.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by gunksta View Post
    Thanks for the info. Access 2000 has a better rating on the Wine apps database. I'm sure Wine has improved since 7.04, but I think I'll just stick to Office 2000.

Fortunately I'm the network guy, although it is a little tricky to get Samba to work on the network.
    Heh Same I used to teach though....
    Member of Clan Orb
    I like my madness: it has a thrill in it, unknown to such sanity as yours."