Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 138 of 138

Thread: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    6,932

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Hi helpdesk,

    Quote Originally Posted by helpdeskdan View Post
    Ah, nuts! Any suggestions? Any help greatly appreciated.
    Try the following:
    Code:
    $ cd /home/dan/mplayer
    $ make distclean
    $ svn up
    and then recompile starting from ./configure. Hopefully this will get you restarted .

    Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    147

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Thank you kindly for your reply! I didn't know you had Jaunty instructions. They look about the same.

    I found you had another page here for jaunty:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1081070

    I made distclean on everything (x264 and amr weren't working) and removed my current x264 libraries which were not letting me install. This seems to have worked, Thanks! On to mplayer-plugin!
    Last edited by helpdeskdan; October 10th, 2009 at 06:14 PM.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    6,932

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Hi helpdesk,

    Quote Originally Posted by helpdeskdan View Post
    I made distclean on everything (x264 and amr weren't working) and removed my current x264 libraries which were not letting me install. This seems to have worked, Thanks! On to mplayer-plugin!
    Great news! I have corrected a small issue with libopencore-amr by adding --prefix=/usr to the ./configure string as a default Ubuntu installation sometimes has problems with libraries in /usr/local.

    All the best,

    Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    147

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Thank you very much, Andrew! You're continual guidance is huge help to those of us who continually battle with dependency and compile problems!

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    6,932

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Hi helpdeskdan,

    Quote Originally Posted by helpdeskdan View Post
    Thank you very much, Andrew! You're continual guidance is huge help to those of us who continually battle with dependency and compile problems!
    It is my pleasure .

    Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Beans
    6,932

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Hi,

    Not sure how many Intrepid users are still around but I have updated this guide to include the release version of the amr libraries anyway .

    Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    3,476

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    Hi,

    Not sure how many Intrepid users are still around but I have updated this guide to include the release version of the amr libraries anyway .

    Andrew
    I pointed this guide out to someone on #ffmpeg today. Still useful!

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: [Howto] Install the svn Mplayer under Intrepid Ibex

    Thread "retired" (closed) at request of OP
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •