Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home Team Ubuntu recruiting notice

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Folding@Home Team Ubuntu recruiting notice

Quote Originally Posted by T313C0mun1s7 View Post
    I remember, and thank you for pointing out the thread #. However, fourchannel's question is understandable as this thread has grown QUITE large, and many people reading for the first time are not going to read every post the thread.
    I wasn't trying to imply that he should have found it before, because the thread is huge and searches didn't work for me either. I only found it because I knew approximately where it was. Hopefully my previous post will make it easier to search for because of the word "temperature".
    Help yourself: Search the community docs or try other resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Spencer
    Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
    Let science use your computer when you aren't: Folding@Home.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotta View Post
    I wasn't trying to imply that he should have found it before, because the thread is huge and searches didn't work for me either. I only found it because I knew approximately where it was. Hopefully my previous post will make it easier to search for because of the word "temperature".
    this gives me an idea for long threads such as this. We could use the standard vbcode notation using a code vBulletin does not recognize to enter keywords, this should make searches more effective. For Example:

[keywords]
    keywords, searches, find post based on better searching, this is just below the posts on CPU temperature post, You really want to join Folding@Home, TeamUbuntu Rocks!, you get the idea, I like dolphins
    [/keywords]

It's an idea anywho.
    Help us learn about protiens and cure diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, BSE (Mad Cow disease), an inherited form of emphysema, and even many cancers with Folding@Home Join TeamUbuntu
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoldingAtHome

Beans

Woot! got my first WU done. Took forever and a day, but it's done!

I hope to make it up in the ranks, but I'm excited with just 600 points lol.

Yall can count me in for the long haul. (Assuming the PC doesn't die =D )
    Last edited by fourchannel; March 7th, 2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Change of colors

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by fourchannel View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the fold.. - Won't be long and you'll be catching the rest of us..

Quote Originally Posted by fourchannel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NZ-Wanderer View Post
    Congratulations and welcome to the fold.. - Won't be long and you'll be catching the rest of us..

Ditto

Help us learn about protiens and cure diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, BSE (Mad Cow disease), an inherited form of emphysema, and even many cancers with Folding@Home Join TeamUbuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by T313C0mun1s7 View Post
    this gives me an idea for long threads such as this. We could use the standard vbcode notation using a code vBulletin does not recognize to enter keywords, this should make searches more effective. For Example:

[keywords]
    keywords, searches, find post based on better searching, this is just below the posts on CPU temperature post, You really want to join Folding@Home, TeamUbuntu Rocks!, you get the idea, I like dolphins
    [/keywords]

It's an idea anywho.
    Yeah, a good idea. Maybe even some kind of tagging mechanism too. Say I search all over for safe CPU temperature information, and I found that one of the posts in this thread was helpful. I could tag the post with "safe CPU temperature" so that it comes up higher in the results list when I or someone else searches for those keywords.
    Help yourself: Search the community docs or try other resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Spencer
    Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
    Let science use your computer when you aren't: Folding@Home.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotta View Post
    Yeah, a good idea. Maybe even some kind of tagging mechanism too. Say I search all over for safe CPU temperature information, and I found that one of the posts in this thread was helpful. I could tag the post with "safe CPU temperature" so that it comes up higher in the results list when I or someone else searches for those keywords.
    Whoa, don't get carried away there! Personal tagging, now that sounds like the article bookmarks I get when I am logged into TechRepublic so I don't have to remember what I searched for every time I want to re-read something I found informative or helpful before. That might just be too simple and easy - and that just don't fit the Linux way. It does fit in with the Ubuntu way though.

This could require some scripting of the forum however, and I am not sure where we could possibly find a good scripter.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Incase anyone is interested, I found this web site:

http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=8

which has a lot of folding@home things to display what you doing etc.. (just scroll down past the windows ones to get to the linux ones)..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

got one more team member
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Genetically modified plants is like DRM for the worlds food supply.

Beans

Add another team member (although I've actually been on the team for several weeks now; never knew this thread existed). I've done 18 work units so far, good enough to break the top 100 (#98) on the team. My little Linux system runs F@H 24/7, non-stop. I check it's progress every so often and I think it's averaging a completed WU every 2-3 days.

Coog

Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast