Page 47 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home Team Ubuntu recruiting notice

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Folding@Home Team Ubuntu recruiting notice

Damn, that would have been really neat to be able to have a sig showing information like that... (I hope to break the magical 100 rank today or tomorrow sometime )

Quote Originally Posted by T313C0mun1s7 View Post
    Wouldn't you know it, I just found the sigmaps on folding.extremeoverclocking.com, only to find out you can't put images in your sig. Oh well, this is what it would have looked like.
    Last edited by NZ-Wanderer; July 12th, 2006 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes :)

Talking Re: Folding@Home Team Ubuntu recruiting notice

Quote Originally Posted by NZ-Wanderer View Post
    Damn, that would have been really neat to be able to have a sig showing information like that...
    Yea, and it is a dynamically updating image. So the stats are always what folding.extreameoverclocking.com has, which is still a little behind what folding.stanford.edu has.

(I hope to break the magical 100 rank today or tomorrow sometime )
    Good going. I have been climbing pretty well myself. Right now in the top 20 producers list I am at #3. It looks like you are #10 in the same list.

Help us learn about protiens and cure diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, BSE (Mad Cow disease), an inherited form of emphysema, and even many cancers with Folding@Home Join TeamUbuntu
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoldingAtHome

Beans
    Distro

Hmmm wonder if we can persuade the powers that be to allow us to have url sigs??

Anyway, how you get that on your message, I tried to insert the code into the message itself, but in the preview it just showed the code and not the piccie..
    Last edited by NZ-Wanderer; July 12th, 2006 at 03:47 AM. Reason: spellin

Hmmm wonder if we can persuade the powers that be to allow us to have url sigs??
    I don't know. One one hand they don't have to worry about bandwidth because we would be hosting the sig and it would just be a URL in an iframe. However, the big negative is lack of control. If you have large images, it will slow down page load time. The same for scripts. Also, scripts could present a huge problem both as buggy, or even being downright malicious.

Anyway, how you get that on your message, I tried to insert the code into the message itself, but in the preview it just showed the code and not the piccie..
    Insert image, paste the URL.
    Help us learn about protiens and cure diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, cystic fibrosis, BSE (Mad Cow disease), an inherited form of emphysema, and even many cancers with Folding@Home Join TeamUbuntu

Beans
    Distro

thanks, will give it a go and see what happens...

Insert image, paste the URL.
    Must be doing something wrong.. - I just get an error

If I copy and paste directly from the sig images page I get the one like the example on that page

but soon as I try to change the un=TeamUbuntu and the t=45104 I get the error..

Hmm, copying and pasting from your quote - I notice there is no "un" or "t" in the line, so I think I definetly missing something here...

Last edited by NZ-Wanderer; July 12th, 2006 at 05:00 AM. Reason: just playing

Thumbs up Re: Folding@Home Team Ubuntu recruiting notice

Must be doing something wrong.. - I just get an error

If I copy and paste directly from the sig images page I get the one like the example on that page

but soon as I try to change the un=TeamUbuntu and the t=45104 I get the error..

Hmm, copying and pasting from your quote - I notice there is no "un" or "t" in the line, so I think I definetly missing something here...
    There are two different methods to create the url. One simply uses the user id from folding.extreameoverclocking.com, the other has you specify user and team by name. The latter is what you are trying to do.
    From the sig images page:
    First - You can use the UserID from the EOC Stats:
    - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...ge.php?u=32359

Second - You can use your User Name + Team ID
    - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...HotRod&t=11314
    After you have that down, then you can worry about extra options. I kinda like bg=2, but the information is not as easy to understand to those that don't understand short labels.
    i.e. - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...?u=188072&bg=2

Beans
    Distro

Yea, that's why I ended up getting one of your messages and doing the quote on it, so I could see how you did it, cause no matter what I did I couldn't get the second option to work.. - but using the user id worked, so have gone with that..
    I do like the third option too, but as you say, it a little hard to understand, it would be neat if you could have that background for the bigger sigs..

Thanks muchly for all the help, much appreciated..

There are two different methods to create the url. One simply uses the user id from folding.extreameoverclocking.com, the other has you specify user and team by name. The latter is what you are trying to do.

Just a note to all watching this thread, and a bump so maybe others will see the recruiting notice.

Ubuntu Geek has put alot of work into the upgrade of these forums, and at the request of several users has made it an option to put the user info back on the left like it was before the upgrade. To do this select your profile page from the User CP. It is on the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by T313C0mun1s7; July 21st, 2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: I did not proof read very well

Beans
    Distro

Ohh thanks for that, the names on my page are now back over on the left where they belong

request of several users has made it an option to put the user info back on the left like it was before the upgrade.

Opps I forgot this in my last post

There that's better

Page 47 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast