Thread: Resume from suspend fails

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Resume from suspend fails

When ever I attempt to resume from suspend I hear the machine coming back to life but the screen remains dark and the keyboard is totally unresponsive(caps key won't even light up). I've actually had this problem across distros(fedora). I'm running Intrepid on a 3,1 MacbookPro... even though the wiki says that it should just work it doesn't. I've tried adding ath9k to acpi-support and fiddling with some of the options in there.... and nothing.
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Resume from suspend fails

Quote Originally Posted by hanzomon4 View Post
    When ever I attempt to resume from suspend I hear the machine coming back to life but the screen remains dark and the keyboard is totally unresponsive(caps key won't even light up). I've actually had this problem across distros(fedora). I'm running Intrepid on a 3,1 MacbookPro... even though the wiki says that it should just work it doesn't. I've tried adding ath9k to acpi-support and fiddling with some of the options in there.... and nothing.
    if you read the info in the acpi-support file, you'll see that it is depreciated. It does not do anything unless you change the power manager that you are using back to the old style.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Resume from suspend fails

So what file should I be editing?
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi