Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp mie interface download

Beans

Re: Hp mie interface download

EEE PC 4G surf. More tweaking needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Hmm, glassy-bleu shows up now. Not sure if it took a reboot or I'm just stupid. At any rate, the theme is there, guess I need to research how to load the rest of the pieces. Time to reload UNR using the handy-dandy guide at http://www.ubuntumini.com/2008/10/in...ook-remix.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Wildcard, thanks for the info - I was able to download and install the packages on my Dell mini. However the HP theme doesn't show up in System - Preferences - Appearance - Theme. Is it loaded somewhere else?
    Nope, that's where it should show. Try logging out/rebooting? (or desktop switching from Ubuntu netbook remix to the 'normal' desktop and back?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I wonder if they'll make this for Intrepid (or Jaunty)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I got the theme to show on my 8.10 desktop but for some reason OpenOffice 3 icons are all messed up. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Rey Angeles

Beans

reya276, you need to install one of the openoffice.org-style-* packages (use Synaptic).
    I don't know which one it is exactly, so I installed all of them.
    Even though the icons look ugly, they're at least appearing.
    I'll try to locate the exact one later and I'll post it here.
    Last edited by rafaelcapanema; February 5th, 2009 at 08:44 PM.

Beans

Here's a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
    Update on this one, guys...

If you just want the new theme, here's how I did it, without adding things to Synaptic.

Open your browser of choice and go to http://hpmini.archive.canonical.com/.../hardy-hpmini/

This should give you links to click on; click on Universe and then Binary-lpia. In here, save the glassy-bleu-browser-skin_0.5_all.deb , glassy-bleu-theme_21_all.deb , and gnome-backgrounds-hp_0.4_all.deb files. Just save these to your Desktop. As these are compiled with "all" rather than "lpia", these should be global files that will work for 386 or 64-bit distros. Click on the files on your desktop and Package Installer should handle the rest.*

Presumably, you could go into the main, restricted, or multiverse folders and do the same thing for any .deb files that do not have lpia in their name and have them work on your distro.*

*standard disclaimer of me not being responsible for you hosing your system while trying to follow these instructions does apply here; they worked for me, though.
    works for me - thanks
    installed on desktop ubuntu 8.10 x64
    but there is problems with openoffice writer - hmm - waiting for fix

PS what about background image for this theme?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by supernova_hq View Post
    The device is awsome, but I would like to find an new UI for it since theming is VERY limited in maemo
    I have a Nokia 770 with the Star Trek LCARS theme and changed the Nokia "finger" splashy to a Federation logo. Looks very authentic when booting up.

I got a lot of compliments on the theme, well at least from those who knew what it was.
    For those new to Ubuntu most of your answers can be found at help.ubuntu.com or ubuntuguide.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I have all the OpenOffice-styles installed but for some reason the icons look just like that image you posted.
    Rey Angeles

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast