Thread: Macbook5-1 + backlight + nvidia driver

Beans

Question Macbook5-1 + backlight + nvidia driver

Hi there,

I just installed ubuntu (intrepid) on my new Macbook following this guide.
    While most things are working quite good now I cannot adjust the backlight brightness when the proprietary nvidia driver is installed (it works well with the default VESA-driver).

From the guide I'd think that the backlight should wirk with the nvidia driver as well. Can anyone verify that the adjustment of the backlight on a new Macbook works with the nvidia driver?

Greetings acron

Beans

Re: Macbook5-1 + backlight + nvidia driver

From the guide I'd think that the backlight should wirk with the nvidia driver as well. Can anyone verify that the adjustment of the backlight on a new Macbook works with the nvidia driver?
    Work only in tty. See this.
    Excuse me for my bad english - MacBook 5,1 2.0 Ghz

Beans

Hi ercoppa,

thanks for your answer. You are right in tty i can adjust the brightness as described. Is there any information why this occurs with the nvidia but not the open-source driver?
    Is that already reported as a bug?

Greets acron

Beans

Is there any information why this occurs with the nvidia but not the open-source driver?
    I think not.
    Is that already reported as a bug?
    I think not. Somebody (I am not good with english!) can open a thread here to report the problem (I don't know if there is any other way to comunicate with nvidia's developers).

But I am not sure of my words.

Greets

EDIT
    If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email (in English) to linux-bugs@nvidia.com.
    Last edited by ercoppa; December 23rd, 2008 at 11:38 PM.
    Excuse me for my bad english - MacBook 5,1 2.0 Ghz