Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto setup Folding@Home

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Howto setup Folding@Home

Quote Originally Posted by WelterPelter
    It was typing yes, over and over and over, instead of one. Duh.
    I will contact the author of the scripts and suggest that he or she modify it so that it no longer matters whether one puts in a 1 or yes. That whole thing can be confusing sometimes. Anyway have fun.

Beans

SETUP F@H to start automatically?

Greetings,

I didn't follow the previously mentioned HOW-TO on getting F@H to work, I managed to do it on my own... but one small question.

if I want to get it start in a Daemon, how would I get that in there?

Thanks!
    vr

Tom Garner
    4580576(ICQ)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: SETUP F@H to start automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by garnertr
    Greetings,

I didn't follow the previously mentioned HOW-TO on getting F@H to work, I managed to do it on my own... but one small question.

if I want to get it start in a Daemon, how would I get that in there?

Thanks!
    Well I don't know for sure. I know the Folding@home forums have a section devoted to linux and they talk about daemons there. However if you want you can just re-install folding@home using the same username and team numbers and any points you get from the new install will be added to any points that you already have. However if you do reinstall make sure your username and team numbers are exactly the same as before case sensitive.

If you don't want to re-install I can't really tell you anything as I originally followed the wiki myself. You would have to create a startup script that called the folding@home exucable and tell it to run as a daemon.

I would strongly recomend re-instaling and use the howto or wiki as a guide. If you really don't want to re-install then ask in this forum thread:
    Team Ubuntu Thread or at the folding@home forum here Folding@Home Forums

Good Luck sorry I could not be of more help. However if you need more info or wish more discussion then feel free to post some more.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm the author of the scripts. Please add a note to the HOWTO to PM me if there is a problem (but read on). Also, you don't need to leave your computer on 24/7 to make running F@H worthwhile, but it helps.

I found this by accident from ndhskp's signature. I'm glad people find the installer useful. I've read the thread and will correct the issues that people are having. It should be much better. Give me a day or two to update and test the installer before inundating me with bugs.

I'm up to 142825 points, try to beat me!
    Help yourself: Search the community docs or try other resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Spencer
    Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
    Let science use your computer when you aren't: Folding@Home.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotta
    I'm the author of the scripts. Please add a note to the HOWTO to PM me if there is a problem (but read on). Also, you don't need to leave your computer on 24/7 to make running F@H worthwhile, but it helps.

I found this by accident from ndhskp's signature. I'm glad people find the installer useful. I've read the thread and will correct the issues that people are having. It should be much better. Give me a day or two to update and test the installer before inundating me with bugs.

I'm up to 142825 points, try to beat me!
    Hey great thanks for posting. I never had any problems because I just entered the numerical value "1" as opposed to yes. It can be confusing for users new to Linux to consider alternatives like "1" and so thats what was my reasoning to contact you.

I'll put up the note about PM and just say: Give the author a day or two to update and test the installer before inundating him with bugs. I'll wait till the new files are actually up first though.

What I am personally really looking forward to is the dedicated user and group mode. I don't know if you will have that in the next update or not but you got my support for it. Oh later this spring I plan on adding a couple of servers to my world so watch out here I come!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Worked like a charm, running it for the Ubuntu team as we speak

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaobear
    Worked like a charm, running it for the Ubuntu team as we speak
    Execellent. Also feel free to post in the Team Ubuntu recruiting notice thread as that is were a lot of social talk happens for the team. Again congratulation.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Breezy 5.10

lol i too join u drizek

Beans

just finished installing right now. most of the time running at 95% on my P4 3.2ghz

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ninuhadida
    just finished installing right now. most of the time running at 95% on my P4 3.2ghz
    Super. And you have a nice Intel cpu with some muscle.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast