Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Ubuntu Downloading, Please HELP!!!!!

Beans

[SOLVED] Ubuntu Downloading, Please HELP!!!!!

Since no one helped me on me Xubuntu post, I uninstalled Xubuntu and got regular Ubuntu. Still, I cant download things and an error comes up.

Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to download flash player and the same error came up:"Error Wrong architecture 'i386'

Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! !!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! !!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! !!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! !!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! !!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! !!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!Please!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! !!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu Downloading, Please HELP!!!!!

Have you installed 64 bit Ubuntu ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thats an insane post...

Anyhow, seems like you are trying to install a 32bit version on a 64bit system, am I right?

Edit: I don't know if this will help you, but I found this:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/installing...on-64bit-linux
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

You must have installed the 64 bit and that's why you got the error trying to install a 32 bit package on a 64 bit OS.

Why are you downloading a flash player in the first place. Programs are installed thru Synaptic System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager, update manager Applications>Add Remove, and thru the terminal Applications>Accessories>Terminal. With few exceptions.

If you want all your multimedia to work here's the guide that will fix you right up. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

I don't know how to do these things, I just wanted to watch videos on you-tube, and I'm sick of people saying I'm an idiot!!

I have been on all sorts of other posts and no answers from any of them, this is the first time anyone has actually answered!!!

I just cant take it any more, I just started Ubuntu, and I'm starting to think it was a bad idea!

Beans

I didn't read where anyone said you were an idiot. Did I miss a post?

You obviously have the 64 bit OS installed just follow the instructions in the post here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683 for 64 bit and what ever version of ubuntu you installed 8.10 Intrepid, 8.04 Hardy and you'll have all your multimedia working.

It's no worse than having to install codecs to watch videos in windows, or a certain program to access something.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

Matter of fact if you'll tell me which one you're using I'll post the command from there that will have it working in minutes.

So which is it? 8.10 Intrepid Ibex or
    8.04 Hardy Herron
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

I'm pretty sure its 8.10

I got it off of the Wubi installer....thing

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kendo_water View Post
    I don't know how to do these things, I just wanted to watch videos on you-tube, and I'm sick of people saying I'm an idiot!!

I have been on all sorts of other posts and no answers from any of them, this is the first time anyone has actually answered!!!

I just cant take it any more, I just started Ubuntu, and I'm starting to think it was a bad idea!
    According to the Adobe website there's no 64bit flash-player10 for Linux yet (Also not for Mac and Windows).

Are you using Ubuntu 8.04/Hardy Heron or 8.10/Intrepid Ibex ?

Can you please post the output of :
    Code:
    uname -a

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Edit: albinootje beat me too it.

Terminal:
    Code:
    lsb_release -a
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast