Thread: Trying to get flash to work in mozilla's firefox (not ubuntu's) on 64bit.

Beans

Trying to get flash to work in mozilla's firefox (not ubuntu's) on 64bit.

I am running 8.10 64bit and after following ubuntu community documentation - FirefoxNewVersion and flash is not working. I am getting the following from the terminal:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /var/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so [/var/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]
    Is there something else I need to link besides /usr/lib/firefox/plugins?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Trying to get flash to work in mozilla's firefox (not ubuntu's) on 64bit.

i am using the flash 10 64bit for linux from here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

i am using ubuntu's firefox. all i had to do was extract the tar.gz file, then copy the just extracted libflashplayer.so to my /home/<user name>/.mozilla/plugins directory....not sure how different it would be using mozila's version of firefox.

i did have to uninstall any flash stuff i had previously installed before installing this version.

works great for me.
    Last edited by fooman; December 21st, 2008 at 05:38 PM.

Beans

Re: Trying to get flash to work in mozilla's firefox (not ubuntu's) on 64bit.

Thank you it works. I had to add a "plugins" folder.. I didn't catch on to that at first.