Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problems with HP Pavilion tx2690eo tablet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Problems with HP Pavilion tx2690eo tablet

Hi thanks for the configuration file. Unfortunately I moved to Jaunty right before you posted your last message in this thread. Jaunty behaves very differently. As soon as there is something inappropriate in xorg.conf I get stuck at the splash screen, that means not even thrown back into terminal mode. The only driver that works is radeon and radeonhd and 2d rendering is so slow that It's unbearable. It made me jump to another distro but that one had so many problem I wondered if it was really a final I got. So I made a clean install of Jaunty alpha 2 and the problem was still present.

CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE is also disabled in Jaunty. You have to enable it manually.

On the good side. I have no problems with USB with the dock and it seems that the bad picture problem with the dock was just a matter of pressing the AUTO (calibration) button on the TFT screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi RaZoR1394,

Very interesting. I wonder if a new version of Xorg's Xserver is responsible? One that is continuing to deprecate xorg.conf. We (tablet users) sort of thought we got a commitment to make things more tablet friendly. Going back to Gutsy or Hardy function-wise. Hopefully this is just because it is alpha.

Sounds like at least the new kernel is more functional for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi RaZoR1394,

I thought I'd let you know, since you're in Jaunty, that MisteR2 has cracked rotation with the swivel hinge. The signal turns out to be handled by the HP-WMI kernel module. He contacted the maintainer Matthew Garrett who discovered it was mixed in with the docking event. So he separated it out for us and provided a patch that MisteR2 has posted on page 11, posts #104 and #106 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=996830&page=11 MisteR2 also cobbled a .fdi to go along with it.

I assume you got a the new dock for your TX2500.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234